Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:39 pm

My fellow queens, studs and doll the moment we have all been waiting for Pailin has been found............GUILTY of abuse of power in the Troopergate incident.

Quote:
Sarah Palin abused her power when she fired her Public Safety Commissioner this July, a state investigation has concluded.

The Alaska legislature voted to release the 263-page report on the "Troopergate" scandal, a state kerfuffle which has come to haunt Gov. Sarah Palin's vice presidential bid. The scandal centered around her firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. Monegan and others believed Palin fired him because he refused to take action against Mike Wooten, a state trooper under him who had been involved in a messy divorce with Palin's sister, Molly.

The investigator, Stephen Branchflower, found that Monegan's refusal to fire Wooten "was not the sole reason" but was "likely a contributing factor" to his firing.

Branchflower also said Palin's attorney general failed to provide him with e-mails of Palin's that he had requested as part of the probe.

Palin violated the state Ethics Act, Branchflower found.

"The evidence supports the conclusion that Governor Palin, at the least, engaged in 'official action' by her inaction if not her active participation or assistance to her husband in attempting to get Trooper Wooten fired [and there is evidence of her active participation]," he concluded.

"[Palin] knowingly ... permitted [husband] Todd Palin to use the Governor's office and the resources of the Governor's office ... in an effort to find some way to get Trooper Wooten fired."n an interview with ABC News' Charlie Gibson in September, Palin denied her concern over Wooten had any connection to Monegan's firing.

"[Wooten] is is still a trooper," Palin said during the interview. "Commissioner Monegan was replaced because he wasn't reaching the goals that our cabinet members were to reach, find efficiencies, put new vision, new energy into all of our departments."

The McCain-Palin campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The 14-member, Republican-dominated Legislative Council met in closed session this morning with Branchflower. After seven hours of exhaustive review, the legislators voted unanimously to release the report to the public.

"I'm going to vote to release it, but it's not a vote in total agreement," said Republican Sen. Gary Stevens.

"There's not a consensus for the conclusion," said GOP Rep. Bill Stoltze. He said he expected there would be "robust and vigorous intellectual debate on that in other corners."

Stoltze said he had received hundreds of e-mails from all over the country calling for the public release of the report. The state added extra servers to handle the traffic expected when the report is posted electronically to the legislature's Web site.

The Legislative Council voted unanimously to initiate the investigation in late July, shortly after Palin fired Monegan . The probe was to determine whether she fired Monegan because he refused to take action against a state trooper who had been through a messy divorce from Palin's sister.

Palin denied wrongdoing and initially voiced support for the investigation. But after she joined the national Republican ticket, she and her supporters said the legislature had no right to investigate her, and accused legislators involved in the probe of supporting Democratic Sen. Barack Obama's presidential bid.

A lawsuit to stop the probe, which echoed many of the campaign's charges, was thrown out yesterday by the state Supreme Court.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6004368&page=1

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:42 pm

It was so obvious she was involved

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:46 pm

I doubt this will have much influence on the election. And I doubt that McCain would choose a new VP at the last minute.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:49 pm

spudnik wrote:
It was so obvious she was involved
Yeah. It was really obvious. She's a conniving little b***h.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 8:55 pm

Quote:
others believed Palin fired him because he refused to take action against Mike Wooten, a state trooper under him who had been involved in a messy divorce with Palin's sister, Molly.

The investigator, Stephen Branchflower, found that Monegan's refusal to fire Wooten "was not the sole reason" but was "likely a contributing factor" to his firing.

QUESTION: Who was corrupt? I don't know, I'm just saying "THINK!".

If Wooten was corrupt then he got fired for a good reason.
If Palin was corrupt then she IS corrupt.
Obama I believe is very corrupt.
:!: If both parties are corrupt then let's all vote third party! :!:

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 9:01 pm

I have been watching Countdown, they show just how insane the anti Obama crowd is.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#27124691

Last edited by spudnik on 10 Oct 2008, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 9:03 pm

If McCain knew what was good for him, he'd ditch Palin and pick another VP before she drags him down with her.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 9:13 pm

He won't, but I sure wish he would... I'm more afraid of a female version of Bush than I am of McCain.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2008, 11:38 pm

I am basically apolitical, but liberal. The embarassing part: Sarah is an Alaskan, as am I. I live in the Interior now but I am from where Sarah is from - Matanuska-Susitna Valley (small community and isolated). I've seen Sarah grocery shopping there.....sigh. I don't like her politics (scary) but she's a hometowner. I do hope Alaskans are not given a bad reputation for this - we're not all like Sarah and do not necessarily share her beliefs (I don't)!

Sarah is from a cloistered religious sect in the Valley that is ever-present and this is her sway. In the Interior most are more liberal too.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 1:32 am

Quote:
I'm more afraid of a female version of Bush than I am of McCain.

THAT'S RIDICULOUS. Don't worry, no such thing exists. :D

monty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 7:12 am

ValMikeSmith wrote:

QUESTION: Who was corrupt? I don't know, I'm just saying "THINK!".

If Wooten was corrupt then he got fired for a good reason.
If Palin was corrupt then she IS corrupt.

Wooten was never accused of being corrupt. Palin was found to have violated the ethics rules.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 8:48 pm

Y'know, this sounds rather similar to Cheney outing Valerie Plume.