Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 9:58 pm

To me, a godless world would seem comopletely hopeless, completely unredeemable and without joy or comfort. Such a world I would not want for any children I might have.

chever
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 11:22 pm

slowmutant wrote:
To me, a godless world would seem comopletely hopeless, completely unredeemable and without joy or comfort. Such a world I would not want for any children I might have.

1. I want God to exist.

∴ God exists.

Cool.

(Notice that I'm not questioning the proposition, but how you tried to 'prove' it, which was very LOL.)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 8:00 am

chever wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

1. I want God to exist.
∴ God exists.

Cool.

(Notice that I'm not questioning the proposition, but how you tried to 'prove' it, which was very LOL.)

Ha ha ha.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 10:03 am

slowmutant wrote:
If there was no God, I'd have no reason for living. Life would have no meaning and I'd probably just kill myself. And I'm not just being dramatic, here. I really believe what I say.

How scary is that?

But since I know there's a God who loves me, I keep on keepin' on.
What would you do if it turned out it wasn't the jew god you expected it to be?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 10:15 am

Synth wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
If there was no God, I'd have no reason for living. Life would have no meaning and I'd probably just kill myself. And I'm not just being dramatic, here. I really believe what I say.

How scary is that?

But since I know there's a God who loves me, I keep on keepin' on.
What would you do if it turned out it wasn't the jew god you expected it to be?

I don't expect God to be Jewish. I don't expect God to be Muslim, Christian, HIndu, Sikh, Shinto, Greek, or Egyptian. Religions are all differently coloured filters through which the same object is viewed. The whole of human experience is a filter for God. A filter or a dark glass. God is seen by us through a glass darkly, not clearly. There is no true religion, no true God.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 11:13 am

Oh, this entire time you came across to me as a christian sorry :P

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 7:27 pm

Synth wrote:
Oh, this entire time you came across to me as a christian sorry :P

Oh, but I am.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 7:57 pm

But to be a christian means you believe the only god is the jewish one, yehova. Although I've found many like to change things around to fit their needs more, which is pretty understandable.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 8:07 pm

Synth wrote:
But to be a christian means you believe the only god is the jewish one, yehova. Although I've found many like to change things around to fit their needs more, which is pretty understandable.

I believe in one God. Jehovah/Yahweh are but 2 of His many names. The One True God goes by more names than is plausible. Polytheism, I believe, worship this One God by way of all the other names in their endless pantheons. All the gods and goddesses of Hinduism, for example, can be traced back to Brahma, the Source. Everybody calls this Source by a different name.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 8:15 pm

Interesting, I pretty much view Satan in that exact way, with knowledge of existance far into the past and future, one "of thousands of names".. As do other gods in other pantheons.