Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:43 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:
I'm a little confused. What makes you think I'm an alcoholic? It just because I'm an Aspie?

it's probably because I used your quote to just post my own story. :oops: I apologize, I meant absolutely no commentary
upon your own behaviour or lack of it. I will try to find out how to post without 'replying' to a specific post. :oops:

but I wasn't directing it to YOU, ocdgirl123, I just couldn't find the 'post' button and so hit your reply instead. Sorry

Merle

Apology accepted. :)

Thank you, :)

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:55 pm

I don't drink. I can't imagine why somebody would want to consciously reduce their brain function, if only temporarily. Well, actually one time when I was very depressed and anxious, I thought 'I wish I could just switch my brain off', and at that moment I realised why some people choose to drink. I still didn't though, I just cried myself to sleep.

I will never understand social drinking, and the calories associated with alcohol are enough to keep me away.

Gaviamer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Sep 2016, 10:28 pm

yeah i might i drink too much. enxiety depression lonliness boredom etc. a few times family has voiced concern but mostly its not noticable. selfmedication for "sensory overload" is a big one. more than a couple days without and the world starts crushing in. ive thought of aa but its hard to know the difference between self medication and alcoholism or if there is any.

Gaviamer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Sep 2016, 10:38 pm

people seem to associate drinking alone as unhealthy but it seems as if the standard should be different for the a spectrum or rather depending on personality type

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:03 am

Drinking was great for my social anxiety but the downside of me being drunk & social was I turned into a violent a***hole - I no longer drink.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:57 am

I live in abstinence since many years and I think that the resignation of drinking alcohol is good choice. More money, no unpleasant states after drinking too much, no dangers associated with being not sober. I think that it is stupid that some people may think that person who does not drink alcohol is a "weirdo".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:05 am

my body won't tolerate alcohol. but I am an outlier in my family, the rest of whom handle alcohol no prob. if I could drink i'd be blotto. :hic:

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2016, 7:18 am

I am what could be considered a "high functioning alcoholic".

I drink on a nearly daily basis. Whether it is seen as abuse or not is purely based on cause & effect. Biological self destruction aside.

I have other differences that work together to justify my need for ethanol.

I am intoxicated as I speak if that makes a difference...