Energy Drinks...and the weird effects

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 7:41 pm

To me energy drinks differ from simple caffeine because my ADHD does the opposite effect with caffeine making me sleepy and zoned out.

Today since I only had 3 hours of sleep before my really early class in my univ., I chugged a vault at the right time, and found almost supernatural powers. First I cleaned the apt. to make it somewhat available to my friend's prospective student guests. I was really acting out in the english class, but for the most part, I was focused and quick thinking. I keep sprucing up the place, it's really weird. This drink, if used correctly seems to have a very positive effect instead of what normally happens (omg he's way too hyper).

ctcycle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2008, 9:24 pm

Completely agree. I go to an ivy league school atm and often find that I need them just to maintain satisfactory performance. If you procrastinate to the extent that I do, sipping the right energy drink(s) will get you focused and quick, and often will keep you more than up for hours. Sometimes I have to mix them with other energy drinks to be effective. The store closest to me only sells a few, but a combination that reallly works is a monster and a redbull. THAT keeps me going. These aren't the best though...My favorites have been Rockstar Juice Energy and Vitamin Energy (not the vitamin water energy drink...this one looks like an energy drink).

Careful not to overdo it though. Not the best stuff for you...particularly your heart...I don't drink them unless I absolutely need them to avoid failure.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:27 pm

Just recently I had to get the rest of my energy out by blasting rave music and letting myself stim uncontrollably!! !! !! !! !!

Can anyone say MOSH PIT???????????????????????????????????????????????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:29 pm

I wish I had an energy drink that did that. What brand? Is it Vault? I don't know if they sell that brand here...have to see. I don't remember seeing it.
They don't have much effect so I don't drink them.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:51 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I wish I had an energy drink that did that. What brand? Is it Vault? I don't know if they sell that brand here...have to see. I don't remember seeing it.
They don't have much effect so I don't drink them.

It is a Coca-Cola brand they have at my univ. but idk. It's like what Surge was in the 90s (I definitely didn't get near that stuff during that age).

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2008, 10:02 pm

i think i may have to try some of these. i used ot use caffeine pills last time i was seriously depressed...these sound a lot more fun!

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 10:11 pm

I love Red Bulls. <3 :D

But caffine and sugar are weird with me. Sometimes I get hyper (sort of rare though), sometimes it has no effect whatsoever, and sometimes it makes me tired. :?

Then there's the difference between "mental hyper" and "body hyper" (having both at the same time, for me, is -really- rare).

And also that "crash" thing. You know, where if you do get hyper, you get uber tired afterwords. Sometimes I get that, sometimes I don't.

In my case, I think the oddness is due to both being aspie, and the fact that I'm hypoglycaemic (I think that's the right word? Heh. I dunno, not sure.)?

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 5:22 am

No idea, seriously. I get sick from just sipping on energy drinks. Can't drink them.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2008, 5:27 am

Matrix, you should never try amphetamines, cause you will like them waaaay too much.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 5:56 am

matrix wrote:
Just recently I had to get the rest of my energy out by blasting rave music and letting myself stim uncontrollably!! !! !! !! !!

Can anyone say MOSH PIT???????????????????????????????????????????????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Don't you need more than one mosher to have a mosh-pit?

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 6:48 am

matrix wrote:
To me energy drinks differ from simple caffeine because my ADHD does the opposite effect with caffeine making me sleepy and zoned out.

Today since I only had 3 hours of sleep before my really early class in my univ., I chugged a vault at the right time, and found almost supernatural powers. First I cleaned the apt. to make it somewhat available to my friend's prospective student guests. I was really acting out in the english class, but for the most part, I was focused and quick thinking. I keep sprucing up the place, it's really weird. This drink, if used correctly seems to have a very positive effect instead of what normally happens (omg he's way too hyper).

I can't handle those and I can't handel a lot of the additives and the chemicals that are used. Moreoever, drinks with high caffine make me sick. However, I like vitamin water better as there is no caffine in them. However, they are higher in calories.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 10:28 am

I used to drink the sugar free version of Rock Star on a regular basis. Loved the focused feeling I'd get, was far from the norm of being scatter brained. There was complete clarity of thought. But the last time, I was feeling low energy & consumed one Rock Star, I had a bad case of anxiety bordering on a panic attack. Guess the days of having an energy drink are behind me.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 12:41 pm

I must be the only person I know who doesn't like energy drinks, I think they taste awful =/

I've done caffeine pills a few times when I was younger...they just make me get really hyper and start dancing @_@

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2008, 5:41 pm

I have them every now and again. If I have too much though, I need to bathroom.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2008, 5:45 pm

Caffeine doesn't make me feel any more awake, then I feel really tired. No real effect on me.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 11:06 am

slowmutant wrote:
matrix wrote:

Don't you need more than one mosher to have a mosh-pit?

If you obtain so much energy that you are in 2 places at once, you have succeeded in mosh pitting.

My favorite rave song to date:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glwNys2VCe4[/youtube]