We have to write a poem about and to someone we love.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

tdgkf
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2008, 2:47 pm

My English teacher explained the poem to the class, then was talking about how good of gifts they make, then said she gave one to her friend last week, and was glad she did because her friend died yesterday. Then she just continued on about the poem format as though she had been talking about the death of a stranger she read about in the newspaper. It took all my effort to refrain from laughing.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 4:50 pm

It's a good thing that you didn't laugh. She was sharing something with you that was probably difficult for her. It would have hurt her feelings.

I know that often it looks like NTs are going off all weird about things but you have to pretend to go along.

What did you write about?

If you really wanted to screw things up without actually getting into trouble, you could write about the death (multiple deaths) of a beloved cartoon character - eg: itchy from itchy and scratch or something.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 4:54 pm

write about yourself?

From the point of a friend you wished you had, who appreciated your strengths?

tdgkf
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2008, 5:01 pm

gbollard wrote:
It's a good thing that you didn't laugh. She was sharing something with you that was probably difficult for her. It would have hurt her feelings.

Well, several other people (NTs) had to suppress laughter as well. I suppose it's one of those had-to-be-there moments.

RubieRoze
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2008, 5:05 pm

The teacher was probably still in shock, as it just happened yesterday. As gbollard said, it's good that you didn't laugh.

tdgkf
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2008, 5:13 pm

Yesterday? That's ages ago!