Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

silverpelican
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2008, 6:43 pm

All private education, Catholic thru Secondary, Methodist thru Masters, a lot of other accounting/law courses. 23 years Military, Air force ROTC, USN in Korean/VN war, Cold war with everybody, Army NG, Army Reserve. 22 years with the Federal Government, some overlapped with the military, used the mil as a stress reliever for the Feds or tried to, they would send me to a school anytime I asked.
Married 41 years, wife was incurably mentally ill but mostly manageable, I knew that when I met her, she needed me, I loved her, she was 13 years younger, died last year of massive heart failure, I'm going the rest of the way single.

I guess I was the perfect AS but it never occurred to me, the employment, all of it, mil and Fed was not encouraging to make friends with anybody, security clearances too high, different things but sometimes they overlapped, I have never been released from any of that. Lots of detail, lots really,I asked to be relieved several times but the management didn't want that so, I don't remember much of it, but went sort of postal, they took that seriously all right and I have been on 100% Fed Employee Comp for the last 17 years, they provide all the mental care, meds for that, travel to the offices or wherever.

My deal is keep very low profile, not known on the web, stay home mostly, still no friends, not encouraged either, keep me stable. diagnosed, other than AS, paranoia, functional in that there have been several attempts to kill me, some people in prison over that, anxiety, PTSD, OCD.

I am hetero obviously, returned to Catholicism, sort of, have trouble with strangers like in services, would like to win the lottery and sail away into the deep Pacific forever. I have a dog, Louie, Aussie Terrier, brilliant intelligence for a dog, best friend, we walk every morning about 4 miles or so, he likes to walk.

Once upon a time, I taught English in a poverty stricken school district, my contribution as it were, for seven years and then, 2 adopted daughters, had to find a better job. So I am used to kids, even if they are adult. So, probably, I am going to be OK here. Hope so.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 7:02 pm

You are my senior by 24 years. Congrats.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 7:16 pm

Welcome to WP. I'm 50.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Oct 2008, 7:36 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

There is a fellow on this forum named Juancho from New Zealand who is 83 years old...

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 7:40 pm

Wow silverpelican... you've been through a lot! That means you probably have much wisdom to offer here on WrongPlanet. I hope you find support and encouragement here.

I'm 54 years of life myself.

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 8:22 pm

Hello, welcome to WP. We could use some more elder wisdom here sometimes. :)

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 8:28 pm

Welcome to the forums. :)

L.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 9:47 pm

51 in less than a month. Guess there's a passel 'o young fogies around here. Welcome. I forget I'm middle-aged sometimes, no one's complained yet.

join in, have some fun.

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 10:10 pm

pakled wrote:
51 in less than a month. Guess there's a passel 'o young fogies around here. Welcome. I forget I'm middle-aged sometimes, no one's complained yet.

join in, have some fun.

LOL, "young fogies". That's me! Slightly off-topic (sorry, silverpelican), Pakled- I didn't realize your age. I just thought you were mature and rational. I mean, what you post always makes sense.

rifler39
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2008, 10:12 pm

You have a few years on me. I'll be 70 next March. I didn't do the career military, just 5 1/2 years, but the rest of your career sure sounds familiar. I did put in a stint (almost 10 years) at driving school bus. I had to quit that when my hyper-focus started coming back so strongly I couldn't control it.

Pops

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 11:08 pm

Hi Silverpelican, welcome reality can be scary for me also at times, spent half my life confused then found aspergers... nearly 50 hopefully can start living the rest of my life, if only so easy :wink:

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 12:57 am

Yo, silverpelican - 56 years here, and diagnosed within the past couple of years. Feels great to know why things have been the way they were, even if it didn't make it better. Welcome.

Amitiel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2008, 2:51 am

Welcome SilverPelican 8)
Hope to hear lots more from you!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 10:56 am

Great to see you aboard the Wrong Planet, silverpelican. And also very inspirational. Keep those posts coming.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 8:06 pm

How interesting!

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 5:25 am

Welcome 8)