Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 2:02 am

Personally I perfer Shuffle.

Spinetrak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2008, 2:42 am

I hate shuffle. I'm an album person, I like to listen to an album from first track to last. Besides, I hate it if I don't know what comes up next.

Also, I grew up with the walkman thingy. No shuffle option on that.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 1:38 pm

I like to listen to my mp3 player on shuffle, but I only use that for working out. Most of my music listening is CDs in the car.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 1:52 pm

I like shuffle, but I hate it when it just shuffles the same twenty songs over and over and over.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 2:27 am

Hate shuffle.
Every album HAS to be played from beginning to end. St. Anger, Metallica's 74 minute long piece of crap, nearly broke my habit. I have, however, recently broke this in my attempts to put "playlists" together, which are pretty cool as many songs can represent a theme. Still, playing in order is important.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2008, 3:33 pm

It's not imporant to play a CD in order, because you can listen to music however you like. I think it's silly to consider an album as a single object that must be appreciated as a whole. If you like some parts of it more than others, then go ahead and just listen to the parts that you like. Anyway, I rarely use shuffle, only when I can't think of what I want to listen to. But, I often listen to individual pieces at a time instead of whole CD's.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 4:13 pm

Shuffle. I can't stand to hear songs in the same order all the time. Except for classical music -- that needs to be played from beginning to end.

I hate it when a medley is broken up into separate tracks on a CD. It really messes you up when you shuffle play.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 5:46 pm

Before I was assuming an mp3 player. I like listening to my mp3 player on random because it's like listening to a radio station, but only stuff I really like. But if I'm listening to a specific album, definitely no shuffle.

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:37 pm

I once tried listening to an audiobook on shuffle, was 3 chapters in before I realized what was wrong. :oops: I usually do use shuffle, though. I don't listen to a particular album all at once, but rather by artist. On my Zune, I may listen to all the albums of, say, Ozzy Osbourne, and use shuffe, but never between multiple artists.