Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2004, 4:25 pm

I'm very upset - my muse has run away. There seems to be a big blank spot in the front of my brain (kind of square shaped) that used to hold all my creative design thoughts. It seems disconnected and I can't get into it through the normal methods... (ie. thinking) Everytime I try to design something, this wall gets in the way, and I am completely lost. My only access is by looking at things I've done in the past - but I dislike this method and consider it unethical. I tried explaining this to my boyfriend who is also a designer, but he just thinks I've lost motivation and don't care anymore. I know it's more than that, and I'm panicing. I don't know how to do, what used to be my natural thought process. I've been away to china for a couple of weeks, and now, for 2 desparate weeks, I've been trying to find my muse....
Does anyone out there understand what I mean? Do you think this is permanant? I've never had this problem before. I am very distressed.... :( :( :(

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2004, 9:44 pm

I want my muse!

midge
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2004, 7:24 pm

I think I have a pretty good idea of what you mean, something similar has happened to me. I used to write and draw/paint but stopped for awhile, and when I tried to start it up again my mind would go blank. I had to start slowly-basically by clearing my mind and drawing or writing whatever came into my head. I found though that once just one idea came more came flooding in. Sometimes only parts of ideas came and I just had to work with what I had until they became more complete. I found it was best not to force it though b/c that can sometimes make it worse. Often it just has to come on it's own, sometimes completely out of the blue. I'm sure something will come to you and I wish you luck!

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2004, 4:27 am

Thanks midge... you're right. When I concentrate on the problem, my mind goes blank, but if I sneak up sideways while I'm doing something different, I think I get a little closer. It's terribly frustrating! This is possibly worse than the time I forgot my signature for 2 months...