Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

miketheman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2008, 11:04 pm

Anyone else ever had stuff thrown at them just for being different?

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:07 pm

Yep.. back in grade 8 and 9, I wish I had no recollection of that time in my life. And sometimes today I wish someone would throw a big rock at my head so I would end up with amnesia..

miketheman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2008, 11:09 pm

yeah also when walking stuff is thrown at me by passing cars!

17 Oct 2008, 11:20 pm

Yes, spitballs and other junk like paper clips.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 17 Oct 2008, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theotherle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2008, 11:26 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Yes spitballs and other junk like paper clips.

Same here. I can't recall anybody ever telling me that I was strange or anything, but I did seem to be a particularly easy target for that kind of crap. I don't get it.

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 11:26 pm

some git threw spit balls at me once, so i made sure in the DT lesson i "accidentally" scolded his face with a hot glue gun....man.....my innocent smiling face let me get away with murder....well not actual murder...lol x

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2008, 11:39 pm

Ugh during homework time when my mom got mad at me (all the time) (her excuse nowadays is she didn't understand AS at the time), she threw my text/notebooks at me sometimes. Sometimes they ended up hitting me in the face.

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2008, 11:51 pm

Lets see, hmmmm.: A coffee cup(hit square on head from across the room by my mom when I was about 10) An 8 inch iron skillet(also hit square on the head by my mom when I was about 8. One time she made a rude comment to me, about something and I spit out a mouth full of nachos and threw it at her.

Last edited by FrogGirl on 17 Oct 2008, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2008, 11:53 pm

You mean when you were about eight?
Also good job, way to stick up for yourself with the nachos thing 8)

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 2:56 am

you know those gobstoppers candy? I got a lot of those thrown at me in orchestra back in jr high. textbooks too in social studies class. one time food fight. another time soggy toilet paper in the restroom.

I would be happy to banish and abolish these memories from my head forever.

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2008, 4:13 am

I used to get things thrown at me all the time when I was in high school. Most of the time the objects missed me which was fortunate but it still annoyed me.

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 6:26 am

Ah, yes. Perhaps not neccesarily for being different, but because they were immature asocial little pricks. (Funny how sometimes NT's can be a whole lot less social than me)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 7:09 am

When I was in year nine english... so many guys were throwing spitballs at me that I was slumped so low in my chair and the wall in front of me was completely covered in about a hundred spitballs.

A mean chef at my old work threw some scrunched up paper into my face.

I found I got shoved more than had things thrown at me.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 7:46 am

Xanderbeanz wrote:
some git threw spit balls at me once, so i made sure in the DT lesson i "accidentally" scolded his face with a hot glue gun....man.....my innocent smiling face let me get away with murder....well not actual murder...lol x

Seems fair - hot glue doesn't scar for life. I love revenge. :P

I suppose again I've been lucky in keeping away from bullies and sadists. Only time I recall stones being thrown at me was by a couple of hookers - they'd offered me their services and I'd replied "not tonight Josephine" which I'd thought was quite funny but they didn't see the joke. It was all a misunderstanding - they didn't realise I lived in the area, and they had a policy of venting their anger on male non-residents who weren't punters. So as soon as they realised I was a resident, they apologised, which was good enough for me. And they were aiming to miss.

Apart from that, just the usual childhood things, you dodge the shots and you return fire if you can.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2008, 1:56 pm

Nope. :D

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 2:30 pm

Let me try and remember...Once another girl threw a hammer at me, but she was angry and didn't really want it to hit me, it hit the ground a few feet from me, I could tell by the way she threw it she didn't intend for it to hit me, was just frustrated and threw it because of that. People have thrown rocks at me, sticks at me, food at me.
People have thrown so many things at me in this lifetime I can't keep track or remember every incident.
Someone threw a wallet at me. Tiny wadded up pieces of paper but that was more flirting.
Of course there are the things I was supposed to catch, balls, frisbees, etc.