Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

PhantomSkyfire
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2005, 6:34 pm

- I've never been particually great at this sort of thing, but given the nature of these forums I suppose that I might be forgiven, eh? I'm new to WrongPlanet.net - a quick google search turned it up when my grandparents suggested I visit it. I was dianosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was approximately eight years old. It took another five years before people realized I wasn't some ret*d little monomaniacal twit whose only joy in life was to drill holls in random objects with screwdrivers and argue about the color of the grass or wether zebras were white with black stripes or vice-versa.
- An (extremely) quick review of the forums indicates that I'm probably going to be out of place even here. But then, I have always been out of place so perhaps it is merely out of habit that I feel as such. Perhaps that is why I have always felt more comfortable in online roleplaying enviroments - I can be someone else, someone whose life is actually interesting. In real life, I'm an egotistical smart-aleck who thinks she is morally and mentally superior to all those around her and is completely fed up with doing the same thing five times a week, two hundred days a year.
- My room is very cold and my hands are freezing so please excuse any idiotic typos I've made in this incredably short introduction of myself. Don't ask why, or I'll have to eat you.

- Sincerely,
- PhantomSkyfire

- PS: I'm seventeen as of November 23, 2005.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Nov 2005, 7:05 pm

Welcome.. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine. Drilling holes in things is fun.

Nitz
Raven
Raven

23 Nov 2005, 7:31 pm

Welcome to the forums. Believe me, I know what it's like to feel mentally and morally superior to everyone around me, that's how I felt in K-12 school. However, I no longer feel that way since I've joined WrongPlanet. Though you lose the self-satisfaction that comes with being the best, you feel right at home with other people of similar experiences. It's a good trade-off.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 7:37 pm

Howdy :D

I wish I had the nerve to drill holes in things. I'm far too perfectionistic to allow for holes. :? Or even taking things apart. But, meh, spatial skills are not my forte.

However, you seem a highly intriguing (and egotistical ;) ) individual. I think you'll fit in very well. Just don't drill holes in my stuff.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 7:51 pm

Welcome!

I thought it was Thanksgiving where you are already when you posted, but you are new. I hope you enjoy expressing your feelings here. We are a great group.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 8:24 pm

PhantomSkyfire wrote:
- An (extremely) quick review of the forums indicates that I'm probably going to be out of place even here. But then, I have always been out of place so perhaps it is merely out of habit that I feel as such. Perhaps that is why I have always felt more comfortable in online roleplaying enviroments - I can be someone else, someone whose life is actually interesting. In real life, I'm an egotistical smart-aleck who thinks she is morally and mentally superior to all those around her and is completely fed up with doing the same thing five times a week, two hundred days a year.
- My room is very cold and my hands are freezing so please excuse any idiotic typos I've made in this incredably short introduction of myself. Don't ask why, or I'll have to eat you.

Puhlease, you'll fit right in. Everyone here thinks they're geniuses and morally superior. It's just I'm the only one who's right to think it :) Which online roleplaying games do you play? I used to play one called Realm of Magic, a MUD (Multi-user Dungeon). Jayshaw also used to be a Muddict, though playing one of the larger MUDs. Naturally, I was the powerchar of the game. Level 700 elven thief, over 6000HMV. The closest had 3000hmv and was level 450. Puny mortals. I deleted myself in a tantrum, and haven't been back since, heh. It's gone to s**t; the administrators didn't like my egotistical personality, so they never listened to my advice. Morons.
You're fed up with school? Pfft, you should enjoy it while it lasts. Wait till you get a job, or leave school and don't get a job. You're either bored mindless working, or bored mindless doing nothing. Of course, there's the possibility of College/University, if that's your forte. Another 3 years of what you're fed up with, heh.
So welcome to WP!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 9:49 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :D

It's also taken me a few years to realise that I'm not a Loser. I thought that I was Mentally Deficient up until two weeks after my 15th Birthday, when I was told about my AS known as Very High Functioning Autism, back when I was told about it. The downside of my being told is that I was hung up on the Rain Man thing, and I felt that my purpose in life was to prove that I wasn't hurting as much as that made-up Movie Character. Now I know that I'm doing okay and I'm a very good Thinker.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2005, 11:58 pm

Gah! Hi, welcome to Wrong Planet, home of the arguments about zebra's stripes. You'd be amazed how many conversations I've had about things like that during my lifetime. Don't worry, you'd be amazed how many others have to.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 12:02 am

Oh, I forgot to say Happy Birthday for yesterday

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 12:04 am

I never roleplayed, but I once spent an entire month digging a 5X5 hole in the side of my yard for no apparent reason. White with black stripes! :D I call all my arguments debates, simply because I enjoy it.

Quote:
In real life, I'm an egotistical smart-aleck who thinks she is morally and mentally superior to all those around her and is completely fed up with doing the same thing five times a week, two hundred days a year.

Just change the she to he and that's me. Welcome to WP, it's nice to see I'm not the only crazy one out there! :D :D :D

Random Funny Tidbit: I was mis-dx'd as LFA until I was 4 or 5.