Guys, I must ask, what makes you keep trying to get a girl?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2008, 10:19 pm

I know the title sounds like an asshole-ish remark, but in truth, I want to know why autistic guys continue to seek love/romance, even though the odds are usually against them. I have heard many guys on this particular forum complain about being alone and unlucky with the ladies, and I really do sympathize with them. After all, I am one of you, a guy who has been single all his life (21 years), and has been repeatedly rejected and taunted romantically. I know the kind of lonely s**t we deal with everyday and how no matter how we try to be kind and friendly to girls who we like, they never really care about us.

Yes, yes, I know some of you who read this post will say "Stop using sweeping generalizations". But come on, enough of this BS deflecting with accusations of "generalizations", most of you know as well as I do that this is the problem a lot of us autistic guys have. So spare me the lectures and your bleeding heart sympathies about how "everyone is different", you'd be suprised at how often people are very similiar in their behaviors/actions. If you've been rejected many times and have been alone, you don't care about "generalizations", because you know only what you see and feel. That's just stating my opinion for those who start accusing me of being mysogynistic.

I digress, so let me ask, why do you guys have so much faith in the ideas of love and romance that you continue to pursue it? I was once like a lot of you guys, I wanted to believe that there was a chance that I could end my loneliness and find a nice girl to be with. But there came a point in time where I just stopped and asked "Why am I doing this?" "Why try again when I have failed so many times before, is it really WORTH going after again?". I'm still straight, I still find women attractive, but I don't see any use in pursuing them anymore, if I have failed so many times before, why bother? At what point in time does one give up and stop caring? I'd like to know what motivates people to continue.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 10:34 pm

The reason I haven't fully accepted a life-time of singleness is simply because I can't... my emotions won't allow it. Otherwise, I'd be happy with being single.

I've tried to accept it... I've tried to just get over the feeling of "emptiness"... so far, it hasn't worked.

The Cybermen were right... emotion truly IS a weakness.