Autistics Have Better Vision Than Birds of Prey

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 4:28 am

Penelope_asparagus wrote:
Post what you get under the units the original study was done in! That goes for all of you... And post how far back you sit/stand. And yes, I physically moved 2m so i could reach my keyboard so i could take the test at 4m.

I agree, there's no point comparing numbers taken under different setups, everyone should use 4m distance. I suppose that given the number of variables involved with the setup - all the different screens and ambient light - that the most reliable way to test it would be for many people to use one set of equipment.

The year is still young.

Penelope_asparagus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2008, 3:35 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Penelope_asparagus wrote:
Post what you get under the units the original study was done in! That goes for all of you... And post how far back you sit/stand. And yes, I physically moved 2m so i could reach my keyboard so i could take the test at 4m.

I agree, there's no point comparing numbers taken under different setups, everyone should use 4m distance. I suppose that given the number of variables involved with the setup - all the different screens and ambient light - that the most reliable way to test it would be for many people to use one set of equipment.

Set your screen resolution to be the same as everyone else. Problem solved.

And the most important thing to correct for on the contrast one is to calibrate the gamma value. You can ignore the rest I think.

The others: just measure the screen and how far back you are.

ericksonlk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2008, 6:07 pm

Didn't take the test, but I really can see (using glasses) better than anyone I know. People can't believe how I can read that very little letters of PDFs on my PDA, or how could I read something that is very distant (they need to go very near the place to check cause they don't believe me).
But it could be genetics, my father was the best shooter at the time he was in army.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 9:54 am

I like the acronym ASC.

I'm going to be using the word "condition" from now on because I find the word "disorder" very upsetting and offensive. I'm actually afraid to seek help because of this "disorder" word and all the stigma that surrounds it.

I am not "disordered": I'm a human being.

Lots of people have said that I'm capable of doing things and I can produce the evidence if need be.

They never thought I was "disordered" at all: the opposite actually.

I could accept that I have a genetic condition, if need be, and be able to work within the social limitations of my personality.

- Neil Innes.