Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2005, 7:07 am

Looking back with many kids who harrassed me at school, I honestly don't think AS's don't bother NT's any more than NT's bother AS's, when they associate with us they're just getting a small dose of what we get from everyone else every day, which just goes to show how selfish people are.

I also found out that the real reason many kids harrassed me was sometimes because they're was nothing wrong with me (to their knowledge at the time) and it proved to much so they harrassed me anyway. I remember when many kids at school harrassed me when they were around their peers, yet were indifferent when I was alone with them. One example was a girl who I was told later on they believed she secretly had a crush on me, and looking back it shows, she used to harrass me when she was with her friends to be cool, but then when no one was around she was very civil to me, and I remember when she first knew me and other kids were saying stuff about me and she was kinda sticking up for me saying things like "James (another kid) is more ret*d than Luke (me)" etc.

The problem is, I was too screwed up to realise what I was capable of at the time. Had I'd known a lot of the stuff I know now back then, school would've been much more fun for me.

One thing I wish I did more was hang around with the nicer people instead of wasting time trying to fit in with the popular kids. Those people aren't all that great, and I'd rather hang around now with someone who accepts me regardless than someone who may have similar interests to me but is an utter jerk about it.

My advice to anyone who ever tries to fit in with the cool kids, I'll say right now from experience: It isn't worth it. The same time I found out how to fit in with those people was the same time I realised how pointless it was. These people don't stay cool for long, when they grow up and clean public toilets for a living you'll realise just how s**t they are. Most of the people who these cool kids look up to, such as musicians for example, were originally the sorts of kids these people beat up, and people that you have to be careful what you say around aren't worth it, and trust me, it's no real loss, I've been there and done that. Not everyone fits into either category, so just hang around with the smart people, regardless if they're personal tastes etc. are nothing like yours.