Being obvious of managing and applying make-up

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2008, 9:15 pm

anna-banana wrote:
ttqs84 wrote:
i got no problem w/ make-up whatsoever. i love it, went to school for it, graduated from it, and yet i'm unemployed. here's my work for it:

http://flickr.com/photos/31374470@N05/

great stuff ttqs! I don't have a problem with make up but I tend to stick to dark browns- I have no idea what other colours go with dark hair/dark eyes/pale skin look. any suggestions?

thanx. it may be a cliche, but i'd go with real dark eye make-up and light lip color.

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2008, 11:30 pm

Omigod, I felt like such an idiot last time I was in a play- I had to ask someone to show me how to put on fake lashes, and I did not the first thing about spreading lipstick. Not to mention that I put so much blush on that I looked like I had gotten the world's worst sunburn.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:01 am

I am ok with makeup. I look alot better with than without.
It seems very simple to me.
I am mostly a lipstick and powder girl.

I got some bare minerals stuff at a garage sale for $2....don't put that stuff on your eyes. It will amplify the wrinkles by 200%

millie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 12:56 am

Absolutely love the creativity of it on other people. especially dark red lippie and brunette hair etc....that kind of look - which i adhered to a bit when i was young. I cannot wear any now. I could not wear much back then, either really - it feels revolting and my eyes are allergic to anything aournd them like eyeliner. i liked the punk and goth days and i like people who look different or seem a tad odd. i saw a great clip of xanderbeanz on you tube and he had makeup on and looked stunning.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 2:22 am

This is me putting on makeup (if I have the time): Tinted moisturizer (that stuff is awesome) and lip gloss. A few good products are better than 20. Make-up expires after awhile, anyway.

Dracarys
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2008, 6:30 am

I have no idea how to apply most sorts of makeup, and suspect I don't have the coordination required to apply it properly, anyway. I never really understood the point of products like foundation - sure, it evens out your skin tone, but wearing it constantly is bad for your *actual skin* and isn't that more important?

That said, I do wear a bit of eyeliner and lipstick on occasion. It's not applied particularly well, but I don't look like a clown, so it works.

I don't think anyone needs makeup in order to be beautiful, though. Society wants us to believe that, because it feeds consumerism - all these products are expensive! But I don't think it's true.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 6:54 am

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 10:57 am

I'm not a fan of the made-up look on women, for what that's worth. As a straight guy, I will agree with whichever one of you who said, "Less is more."

I've never felt the need to experiment with makeup on my own face, but I did grow up with two sisters. The whole point of putting beauty products on your face is for them to be understated, right? It should be almost subliminal. At a glance, you should't be able to decide if that is her natural lip colour or not.

And please, go easy on the eye-makeup.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 3:03 pm

pineapple wrote:
This is me putting on makeup (if I have the time): Tinted moisturizer (that stuff is awesome) and lip gloss. A few good products are better than 20. Make-up expires after awhile, anyway.

I also go for the natural look. my hair and eyes are naturally dark so I only put some of tinted moisturiser to hide the blushes (yeah, I blush a bit but mostly because of teperatures and coffe/booze) and a bit of mascara. also a good tip is to put a tiny bit of white shade or eyeliner in the inner corners of the eyes, works great for me.

I wish I could use lipstics and lip gloss but unfortunately I bite my lips a lot so it wouldn't last longer than a few minutes anyway.