Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

junfan85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2008, 1:39 am

It would be awesome to have an Eternal Darkness sequel. The main character, game play, and story were all great. 2nd best game cube game.

j2xj2x
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2008, 1:52 pm

I really enjoyed that game and I still own it. The sword fighting was great and the weapons were ok, but not that fun because you couldn't move whilst shooting. Seriously, if this game was re-made for the wii, it would do it justice. I would like a sequel though.

Silicon Knights ended their exclusivity deal with nintendo, so I doubt that another game would be made, but it's not impossible.

There were rumours not long ago about a possible film being made, but that never happened either... :(

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 2:19 pm

j2xj2x wrote:
There were rumours not long ago about a possible film being made, but that never happened either... :(

i heard a rumour that a series would be made for one of the cartoon channels on sky, but due to insanity and dead bodies not being for kids i'm guessing they scraped the idea.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 3:00 pm

I would love for a sequel to come to the Xbox 360. It would be amazing.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 4:01 pm

junfan85 wrote:
It would be awesome to have an Eternal Darkness sequel.

Not a sequel really, but there's a very similar game called Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth...doesn't use the traditional Alone in the Dark engine, it's a first person game, but it borrows heavily from the genre, adds a bit more stealth element (though it's certainly no Thief 2), and has even more HP Lovecraft influence than AitD and ED combined (starts with the general story of Shadow over Innsmouth and adds bits and pieces from Dagon, Call of Cthulhu, and other stories).

Scariest game I've ever played @_@

Too bad their efforts at making a sequel don't seem to be going so well =/ But I'm glad they were at least able to find a publisher at all.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 4:50 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
junfan85 wrote:
It would be awesome to have an Eternal Darkness sequel.

Not a sequel really, but there's a very similar game called Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth...doesn't use the traditional Alone in the Dark engine, it's a first person game, but it borrows heavily from the genre, adds a bit more stealth element (though it's certainly no Thief 2), and has even more HP Lovecraft influence than AitD and ED combined (starts with the general story of Shadow over Innsmouth and adds bits and pieces from Dagon, Call of Cthulhu, and other stories).

Scariest game I've ever played @_@

Too bad their efforts at making a sequel don't seem to be going so well =/ But I'm glad they were at least able to find a publisher at all.

The scariest thing about Call of Cthulhu were the game stopping bugs. For some users it is literally impossible to complete the game. I was one of them. Not only is there a major bug involving a boss late in the game where the boss literally cannot be beaten, there is also another bug at the very end of the game where you're trying to escape from some caves as they fall, and die every time. I thought I was doing something wrong but I looked on the internet; I was not the only one with these problems.
That issue with the boss was fixed by loading an earlier savegame and trying again, but the issue in the caves? Nope, nothing could be done. Users on the message boards talked about it relentlessly. There were a million topics about it. And the answer was always the same: it is a bug that cannot be beat.

And the best part is, since the game didn't sell the developer of the game went out of business so they didn't develop a patch to fix it all. Unless there is a recent user-made patch to fix these serious bugs, then that game is extremely risky to buy. It works on some computers and some platforms for some users, but it also screws up for no apparent reason for others.

Also, IMO, the second half of the game blows and isn't scary at all, bugs or no bugs. Once you get to the refinery level things start going downhill.