Whats your IQ? (NOT a 'OMG, I'm smarter than you thread!')

Page 20 of 20 [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 9:47 am

pyrrhicwren wrote:
Mine goes up and down; I go between HF to mid-functioning to useless (coffee is my lifeline). I used take IQ tests to test myself mentally before I was diagnosed. Iq tests were my marker of mental functioning, it really pointed out -at least to me- of where I was at. When I was really depressed or stressed out, the scores would go down by about 30-40 points compared to highest. For about 12 years I've studied a really ridiculous amount. It may appear that since I know a lot that I am way up there but my executive function is depleting bad. The benefits of HFA/ASP are being far outweighed by the undesireable aspects.

Love the coffee part of this post...try out some Jamaican Blue Mountain estate coffee beans

where ever you go ,there you are

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 10:41 am

Jakki wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:
Mine goes up and down; I go between HF to mid-functioning to useless (coffee is my lifeline). I used take IQ tests to test myself mentally before I was diagnosed. Iq tests were my marker of mental functioning, it really pointed out -at least to me- of where I was at. When I was really depressed or stressed out, the scores would go down by about 30-40 points compared to highest. For about 12 years I've studied a really ridiculous amount. It may appear that since I know a lot that I am way up there but my executive function is depleting bad. The benefits of HFA/ASP are being far outweighed by the undesireable aspects.

Love the coffee part of this post...try out some Jamaican Blue Mountain estate coffee beans

I bought a bag in Ocho Rios 15 years ago. IT IS STRONG! Like smell up the kitchen strong, but I like that. @jakki, the highest IQ score ever was 153. A doctor with a 160 believes it is higher. It doesn't matter to me if it is or is not. As long as I can make a sandwich and binge watch youtube I'm ok.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 11:25 am

pyrrhicwren wrote:
Jakki wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:

I bought a bag in Ocho Rios 15 years ago. IT IS STRONG! Like smell up the kitchen strong, but I like that. @jakki, the highest IQ score ever was 153. A doctor with a 160 believes it is higher. It doesn't matter to me if it is or is not. As long as I can make a sandwich and binge watch youtube I'm ok.

yes found coffee topic almost more enticing than IQ stuff actually Ochos Rios .. sounds powerful ..the Jamacian is mild easy on the system .. and the gut ...but serious does the job without the bite. you sound like a French Roast person.. Enjoy ..... its the simple things ! . looolz but i DO still enjoy nature ( and utube).

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2020, 3:02 pm

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2020, 10:44 am

I find IQ tests tedious and so I don't have patience for them often.

I took one during a psychological evaluation when I was 13 (while freaking out). At that time I received a 117.
However, as a much better adjusted adult ~27 I took another IQ test and received a 142.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2020, 10:59 pm

Took an IQ test at school last year and got 126.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 3:11 am

Had one when I was thirteen with an educational psychologist:

Logic (Pattern recognition & problem solving): 136
Verbal/Reading ability (command of language basically): 142

Seems to be within the average range for WP I guess. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 12:27 pm

does seem all these replies are very good, excellent in fact. causes one to wonder , about contrasts
my little Sister whom was pretty much non verbal since birth , struggling to generate similiar sounds , to words you would say .or maybe a yes or no sound.To a question, she might decypher you asked . If not complicated.
ONLY IF ABSOLUTELY FORCED . Was almost un intelligble to all but the very trained ear .
Could "NOT do a IQ test ", even if you could make her understand ,if her life depended on it .
Here is the contrast .: Nothing sweet could be hidden from her in the home , we lived in, it almost appeared to be ESP type of thing . Then you add a quickly developed ability ( as a pastime) to do
jigsaw puzzles , eventually , She was doing 1000 piece puzzles within a hour or 2 time frame .
as she sat on the floor in area near the couch my mom would sit on mostly . Actually sat through , her 300 piece assembly of one of these puzzles all the way through . Just to fascinate myself .
Sat and wondered how it was she could locate each piece so quickly .
So .....? 'HOW' do you measure IQ under these circumstances ? .Inspite of living in what would be considered abusive circumstances..

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2020, 1:09 pm

HRS- Mat adaptive