Umm... How am I supposed to react

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SilverBack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2008, 4:11 pm

I dont think it was a good idea to walk out the class....but then again i wasn't there so i dont know how much crap you've taken or how long you've taken it. Try calmly explaining how your feeling to the teacher and if she doesn't know you have AS then explain that to her. If after all this she's still bein a cow then report her.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 4:20 pm

Does she do it to others, or just you? If others as well, get people to write down anonymously things that she's done and said which are unacceptable, then hand the paper in to the headteacher and/or post it on the internet. I am actually THIS CLOSE to doing the same thing with a maths teacher at my school who is horrible to everyone.

y es como un semestre"

Ladarzak
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2008, 6:18 pm

> I'm not sure what IEP is (Internet Extension Protocols?

Individualized education plan I've heard it called up here. For people with learning difficulties, et cetera.

physicsteen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2008, 9:11 pm

I have an IEP, and I've had some very unpleasent experiences with it. I had one woman in charge of my IEP who I didn't like at all. She told me I wasn't capable of going into college even though I recieved one B grade and five As out of six classes each semester. She put me in an Algebra 1 class two times even though the previous year I had straight A's in it. The last straw was when she gave me a D in Geometry, because she was frustrated with giving me extra time for the tests. She didn't have any confidence in me even when there was reason to.

If you have supportive parents, I hope you'll say you only raised your voice becuase you were frustrated. Say that she wouldn't listen to your concerns as she should have and that she laughed at you instead. Sure, you shouldn't have raised your voice, but that doesn't account for her behavior toward you.

As the student, you have every right to get rid of your IEP manager if you feel they aren't doing their job. Threaten to put it in the newspaper, internet, or other media.