Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2005, 2:35 am

Hi, my husband has been away for two weeks in Austraila, he has called and left me two messgaes that were so sweet and loving. He said he missed me so much and loved me.
But I was able to TALK to him on the phone tonight and he seemed different....a little agressive with me in conversation, sarcastic, and cocky.....he seemed to be talking at me instead of to me as he did in his voicemail. He made a comment and said "Don't worry I am being a good boy." I did not even ask. But he did say he missed me.

This made me feel like he was not interested in me, it made me feel in away like he found some girls over there that he is interested in. I asked him if he was happy to come home in 4 days, he said to me he would rather stay in Austraila and have me come over there. Does this mean he like likes a girl over there? Why would my husband say such a thing?

Do i beleive the voicemails? Or the conversation i had with him? I know that his marine corp friends were waiting for him to get off the phone.........is this why he was not so sweet and sensitive with me?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 2:45 am

Treat him as innocent until proven guilty. When he was calling you and he was with his Marine buddies, they all act like that with each other. It's a sort of macho/dominance thing they use to try to establish a pecking order with each other (who says humans have no instinct? :roll: :lol: ).

It sounds to me like he has been hanging around alpha male types competing to see who can piss the farthest for too long rather than any loyalty issues.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 4:33 am

Or he's just being humorous. It sounds like my kind of humor. Probably for the benefit of his friends as much as towards you.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 8:30 am

People tend to act different around different people... He probably sent the VoiceMails while he was alone, thinking only of you...

On a related issue, why is he and other Marines in Australia?

GA

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 11:49 am

We're being invaded, haven't you heard?

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2005, 12:54 pm

I don't know for some stupid concerts......

I want to know why would my husband tell me he would rather stay there and have me come over there?

Does this imply that he found some girls over there that he likes?

Tally
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2005, 2:43 pm

It sounds like he was being "macho" in front of his friends when he spoke to you on the phone, but told you his true feelings when he left the voicemails.

He probably said he'd rather you came to Australia than he came home because he likes it there. It's summer there, so it's probably very sunny and warm. If he liked a girl there, he wouldn't have said he'd like you to go there.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 3:57 pm

He was likely drunk too. (If he drinks) When I was in the corps, all the stories I heard were that the locals LOVE to party there. It's a fun place he's likely just enjoying himself. :roll:

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 5:11 pm

I would believe that he is kind.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 8:12 pm

Dej wrote:

I want to know why would my husband tell me he would rather stay there and have me come over there?

Probably likes it here...Don't blame him really, Australia is the best place on Earth :wink:

:)

GA

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 9:56 pm

GalileoAce wrote:
Dej wrote:

Probably likes it here...Don't blame him really, Australia is the best place on Earth :wink:

GA

Second best. There's nice scenery there, and from what I've encountered, the people tend to be cool, but you would have to undo every last thing the Howard administration did to compete with the US for the title of best place on earth. :wink: :P

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:20 pm

US? Best place on Earth? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ::starts choking for air:: :: regains breath:: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think I've laughed that hard before... Thanks :)

GA

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:22 pm

Sean wrote:
GalileoAce wrote:
Dej wrote:

GA

Second best. There's nice scenery there, and from what I've encountered, the people tend to be cool, but you would have to undo every last thing the Howard administration did to compete with the US for the title of best place on earth. :wink: :P

Well maybe the New Jersey part of the US, the rest of it, I'm not so sure :wink: :P

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 11:36 pm

Tally wrote:
It sounds like he was being "macho" in front of his friends when he spoke to you on the phone, but told you his true feelings when he left the voicemails.

This is probably it. So don't worry about it.

Relyt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2005, 12:22 am

i think he just meant that he wishes you could be there with him, so they the both of you could enjoy it together. i don't see how that could mean he found another girl.

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2005, 5:42 am

The suggestion of your man playing by the alpha male rules seems a very likely cause your his different attitude when you spoke to him and has no bearings on his feelings for you.

As for his wanting to stay in Austrlia; it is very regular that people fall in love with the new surroundings of a different country and feel like they don't want to leave. People find a different part of themselves abroad and he sounds as though he wants to share this with you as he loves you.

If by any chance he has met other females to whom he has become more than plutonically friendly with, then I'm sure it would have just have been a spur of the moment thing with no emotional reason attached to it and will only be a threat to your relationship if you turn it into more than it might have been. IF he has been unfaithfull you would have a right to be angry but it is damging yourself if you carry it with you for too long or blame yourself.

It is more likely he has behaved himself but is simply temporarily enjoying being himself as an individual rather than 1/2 of a couple 24/7. Maybe, if you are not already doing so, you can try something new to do on your own or with people you don't often see so that you too can enjoy being an individual rather than 1/2 of a couple.