DOES ALL MALE WITH ASPERGER'S DESIRE SEX?

Page 11 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 6:32 am

Starlight-Supernova wrote:

I mean anyone, not just you. XD

Fair enough. Although I believe some people can become asexual if they have experienced some horrible experience from it such as sexual abuse...since they will lose trust in anyone who suggests about having sex if they have been traumatised by that sort of thing.

True, I agree with you there.
If they've had a horrible experience they could become a-s*exual

Starlight-Supernova
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2011, 1:14 pm

EgyptianCat wrote:

True, I agree with you there.
If they've had a horrible experience they could become a-s*exual

Indeed, and it would definately put off people with a low sex drive as well...so it really sucks to be those people and I normally wish them to recover from such dilemmas.

Anyway, the same would be said for guys who have experienced that type of thing too...since guys DO get raped despite the lower number of incidents of it happening...and you can say that woman do tend to think similar to guys when it comes to a guy confessing this, with a response such as "You? Raped? You have muscles to hold them off" (males can also say this so I am not being biased here) which is unfortunately the case sometimes....but it's just so uncommon that it happens that when it actually does, people react in such a way as they think it does not happen.

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

HD3H wrote:
All male desire sex......but yes its possible to live together without having sex....

So I suppose all male asexuals are actually women, then.

EgyptianCat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 10:10 am

Indeed, and it would definately put off people with a low sex drive as well...so it really sucks to be those people and I normally wish them to recover from such dilemmas.

Anyway, the same would be said for guys who have experienced that type of thing too...since guys DO get raped despite the lower number of incidents of it happening...and you can say that woman do tend to think similar to guys when it comes to a guy confessing this, with a response such as "You? Raped? You have muscles to hold them off" (males can also say this so I am not being biased here) which is unfortunately the case sometimes....but it's just so uncommon that it happens that when it actually does, people react in such a way as they think it does not happen.

Sadly the world is like this :/
People are so stupid, they can't even look outside the box and think, "Oh, maybe he can be raped." or something like that. I believe it's possible for a boy to get raped (Especially if you're a minor and the persons an adult)

Starlight-Supernova
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2011, 10:20 am

EgyptianCat wrote:
Sadly the world is like this :/
People are so stupid, they can't even look outside the box and think, "Oh, maybe he can be raped." or something like that. I believe it's possible for a boy to get raped (Especially if you're a minor and the persons an adult)

You can get raped at any age though....I know it's even worse if the victim was young but it effects people whatever age....:(

Anyway, let's not talk about this in the L&D Thread, I am sorry to bring it up in here where it may have happened to someone here (especially since in some cases, people with conditions suffer it worse).

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

19 Apr 2011, 8:52 pm

Bethie wrote:
Why would someone's orientation change as they aged?

Well...guys seem to lose interest as they get older (I have no proof to back that up though), so I thought maybe they start thinking like a woman when it comes to sex when they are in their 50's...

Asexuality is not a "lack of interest" in sex- it is a lack of sexual attraction to either gender- the opposite of bisexuality, if you will.
It's an orientation, like any other. It doesn't just come about, through aging, or anything else.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

19 Apr 2011, 8:54 pm

Yowuza wrote:
HD3H wrote:
All male desire sex......but yes its possible to live together without having sex....

Haha. I always wanted to put a link in AVEN to all the asinine assertions here, and be like "Um...our friends over on WrongPlanet are apparently confused about what it means to be a man or male".

The sparks would fly. :lol:

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 10:57 pm

Yowuza wrote:
HD3H wrote:

Yes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 11:07 pm

Asexual people are still their birth-gender; they simple have no sexual desire.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 11:26 pm

Bethie wrote:
Yowuza wrote:
HD3H wrote:

Haha. I always wanted to put a link in AVEN to all the asinine assertions here, and be like "Um...our friends over on WrongPlanet are apparently confused about what it means to be a man or male".

The sparks would fly. :lol:

Newsflash: "all male desire sex != asexuals are not males or asexuals are not men", it just means lack of knowledge about asexuality :wall:

Bethie wrote:
Asexuality is not a "lack of interest" in sex- it is a lack of sexual attraction to either gender- the opposite of bisexuality, if you will.
It's an orientation, like any other. It doesn't just come about, through aging, or anything else.

Wikipedia has a broader definition of asexuality though: "the lack of interest in and desire for sex.", that would pretty much make the term broader to include individuals that had sexual attraction and later they lost interest for whatever reason.

Last edited by blunnet on 19 Apr 2011, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 11:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Asexual people are still their birth-gender; they simple have no sexual desire.

*Attraction

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 11:35 pm

blunnet wrote:
Newsflash: "all male desire sex != asexuals are not males or asexuals are not men", it just means lack of knowledge about asexuality :wall:

("=/=", I'm guessing?) Well in terms of logical syllogisms, that's precisely what it means. Sorry. :?

blunnet wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Wikipedia has a broader definition of asexuality though: "the lack of interest in and desire for sex.", that would pretty much make the term broader to include individuals that had sexual attraction and later they lost interest for whatever reason.

I don't know how you would "lose" sexual attraction- a heterosexual man with testosterone deficiencies is still heterosexual, for instance-
he's just experiencing a loss of drive.

Regardless of what Wikipedia ( :lol: ) says, current sexologists and psychologists differentiate very strongly between drive and attraction, as they should-
otherwise, asexuals (many of whom have physical drives) are pathologized,
and sexuals with underlying medical disorders might not get the help they need.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 11:48 pm

Bethie wrote:
I don't know how you would "lose" sexual attraction- a heterosexual man with testosterone deficiencies is still heterosexual, for instance-

I said "sexual desire" not sexual attraction nor sexual orientation, and I stated that the seemingly broader definition included "desire" a part from orientation/attraction.

Quote:
Regardless of what Wikipedia ( :lol: ) says, current sexologists and psychologists differentiate very strongly between drive and attraction, as they should-
otherwise, asexuals are pathologized,
and sexuals with underlying medical disorders might not get the help they need.

I know that, the issue is about the term, and wether it is or should be exclusive towards the lack of sexual orientation and not including lack of sexual drive and interest at all, and I am aware about the rejection of the latter.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 11:51 pm

Bethie wrote:
blunnet wrote:

("=/=", I'm guessing?) Well in terms of logical syllogisms, that's precisely what it means.

I pressume it does, for the dishonest. Considering the OP question DOES ALL MALE...........
and the answer related to that question.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 12:08 am

blunnet wrote:
Bethie wrote:

I said "sexual desire" not sexual attraction nor sexual orientation, and I stated that the seemingly broader definition included "desire" a part from orientation/attraction.

You're totally right- I misread.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 12:13 am

blunnet wrote:
Bethie wrote:
blunnet wrote:

("=/=", I'm guessing?) Well in terms of logical syllogisms, that's precisely what it means.

I pressume it does, for the dishonest. Considering the OP question DOES ALL MALE...........
and the answer related to that question.

What does honesty have to do with it? :?

Premise: All male desire sex
Conclusion: One who does not desire sex is not male.

Think of it in terms of Venn Diagrams.