Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ocelot1962
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2008, 3:22 am

I know people are annoyed that we are often portrayed as "mental," but the truth is that Asperger's is always a package deal. There's always something that comes along with the autism--bipolar disorder, ADD, ADHD, Tourette's. Oh, and let's not forget the twins: depression with panic disorder. The twins paid me a visit in 2004 and stayed until 2007.

We know Craig is one of us, but what is part of his package deal? The news doesn't report it, and I suppose it's none of our business. Still, I wish someone would report it so that more people would not confuse AS with whatever comorbid condition is laying Craig low.

I love his music and hope he makes more, but perhaps he should quit touring. Imagine the lifestyle: constantly changing venues, screaming fans, all the busy-ness. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. It would get on an NT's nerves. Just imagine what touring would do to us with our raw nervous systems.

I hope he recovers soon.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2008, 2:49 am

People always speak of these silly "comorbids" as if they're the main problem, rather than AS itself. Stuff like anxiety disorders are directly caused by the Asperger's Disorder (various anxiety disorders are how anxiety manifests, and most people with Asperger's have high levels of anxiety due to sensory and orderly disruption).

Asperger's is more severe than OCD, Clinical Depression, bipolar, and even Schizophrenia in many cases; he can simply be physically and mentally overwhelmed due to his AS.

Asperger's isn't a mental illness; illness describes something that can be treated and can also be caused by emotional and external events. It's a neurological disorder that's far more severe.