Anyone prone to getting more agitated this time of year?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 5:57 am

A little bit. The feeling only lasts from now, until December 11th. Something horrible happened in London, on December 9th, 2005. It's not worth repeating. I might get flamed for it. It has to do with politics. I'm sure that the bus lovers in London can relate.

Magliabechi
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 6:10 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
A little bit. The feeling only lasts from now, until December 11th. Something horrible happened in London, on December 9th, 2005. It's not worth repeating. I might get flamed for it. It has to do with politics. I'm sure that the bus lovers in London can relate.

That would have been the day when the classic Routemaster design was abandoned in favour of very poor modern designs. Let's hope that Boris keeps his promise to bring the proper buses back.

(Incidentally, if anyone wants to 'flame' then 'flame' me.)

Magliabechi.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 9:25 am

ShyGorilla wrote:
I work in retail and this is definitely not "the most wonderful time of the year".
So do I. I work in a supermarket and Thanksgiving and Christmas are big food selling holidays. Imagine a store full of agitated shoppers, bright lights, lots of beeping and chirping registers, and continually playing Christmas music. Plus there are the TVs with their looped programs that are always on. Its a sensory nightmare. :?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 9:57 am

I don't think that I could handle working in retail, at this time of the year. I cringe, whenever I see agitated parents, screaming at their kids, who are having meltdowns and threatening to spank them, if they don't stop.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Nov 2008, 10:08 am

I think your assumption is true about having more difficulties this time of year. For me, it seems like it should still be summer. But here it is nearing winter. My birthday was the first of November, Thanksgiving is this Thursday, Christmas is a month away, a new year is around the corner, my anniversary was last week, got a tattoo on my leg last month and going to get work done on one of the other of my eight tattoos within the week, and the list goes on. It is a very hectic time of year and I think most of us get stressed during the holidays, especially when you find out that one of the gifts for one of your children won't be shipped till after Christmas. Aghhh! So yes, I find my difficulties increasing this time of year. I sympathize with you. But all in all, I do love the holidays. But I think we do stress ourselves too much during them. We need to relax.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 3:12 pm

lionesss wrote:
This is why I shop online at this time of year.. I hate the crowds at malls and stuff. I've shopped online for a long time, and never had a problem... so its something to consider if you haven't already started with that...

What websites do you usually use for online shopping? I find this kind of fascinating.

But yeah, I tend to get more agitated during this time of year, and it's usually for a mixed bag of reasons:

1. Snow-covered roads (means I can't go out)
2. My sister getting to dance in a parade two towns away, and me being forced to tag along (this issue became extinct in 11th grade, when she stopped doing the parade)
3. The supermarket I work at getting busier.
4. Anxiety over what I am getting for Christmas (especially in 11th grade when I really wanted a stereo so badly). Fortunately, this issue of mine is now more for family comedy than pity.
5. Pep rallies at high school, but only the ones I wasn't in(this issue is now extinct because it's been five years since I graduated high school)
6. Having to help with shoveling (one time, I nearly p***** my pants while helping my mom shovel mounds of snow)
7. Final Exams

Fortunately, when Christmas (Christmas Eve, if I don't have to work that day) rolls around, my agitation disappears.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 3:32 pm

I probably suffer frmn SAD - yet mine is in the summer months - how all that summery 'hey were having fun' stuff grates on me. Q - like how will I have fun, alone? ...... BS.

Jade 10025: yup the skies here can be so clear in winter. We can see con trails at the other side of England. I feed horses every night, charity work - not my horses. Costs me £1.5k per annum from a small wage. Thats why/how I see so many winter skies and sunsets. Heaven on Earth.

Bluebird33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2008, 4:01 pm

I am having trouble dealing with the complexities of relationships at this time of year. I really don't know how to hand relationships very well. I will keep trying today I was so full of stress over dealing with my "friends". I had a melt down. After it was over the thing that worried me so and caused it never even happened. Go figure I don't know why I do that.