Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:43 pm

...Whooaaaaaa , booyyyy...! !! :( :cry: :oops: :o
I could tell you some stories re: mine own comics collection (SSIIIGGGHH)...
Is Tio Rico Uncle Scrooge's name in mexico ?
All Spanish-speaking countries ?
You mean (GASP) you have Disney and Heavy Metal NEXT_TO_EACH_OTHER ?
YOU'RE UNDER ARREST ! !! !! !! !! !! :P :evil: :twisted:

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 11:24 am

:lol: Any story you'd like to share?

He's called like that (Uncle Rich) only in this side of the world, in Spain he's called "Tio Gilito"

And yes, next to each other :oops:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 10:32 pm

I remember the Russians having a Silver age (late 19th Century).

I remember a lot of these; Vampirella, Heavy Metal (sounds easier to deal with than Metal Hurlant...;), etc.

Exile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2008, 6:36 am

Took me awhile to get back to the thread too.

I don't own much of anything anymore except a pile of undergrounds and a big, but incomplete collection of Heavy Metal magazines.

In the mid-80s, I owned and ran a local comic shop. I operated with consignments in order to get high-priced merchandise in the store, and had the opportunity to sit around and read all the old Marvels from the silver age. Much of the silly DC stuff too.

As a kid, I had had many of these comics, though not nearly all that I was able to read in the shop. Brought back pleasant memories almost every day. I've often thought about re-taking up collecting, but dismissed the thought whenever I look at the current prices.

8)

ThePhantomStranger
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Nov 2008, 8:31 pm

computerlove wrote:
:lol: Any story you'd like to share?

He's called like that (Uncle Rich) only in this side of the world, in Spain he's called "Tio Gilito"

And yes, next to each other :oops:

...How thick are those Tio Rico comics ?
Do they have more than the standard 32 pages of American ones , like Heavy Metal does ?
Could you order , currency-wise , the English-language Disney comics Geppi puts out here ?
I presume you'd prefer Spanish-language ones , but you obviously read English perfectly . The Spain editions , for that matter , now that I think of it :oops: ????????? Perhaps not :roll: .

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:17 pm

"uncle rich", donald duck and others, 32 pages.
The special ones, called "disney aventuras" came with 64 pages, and some of the fattest ones came with 96 pages or more.

I just did a little search and it seems they stopped publishing them in Spain :? I saw a huge book (from Spain) at a bookstore, tomorrow I'll go check it.
I need my fix of these guys: http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/rich/dzon ... ethry2.gif
(:

Language is not an issue, english, spanish, whatever, I read everything that falls in my hands :oops:
Currency wise? Well, the premium ones are more expensive than I thought.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 10:36 pm

computerlove wrote:
"uncle rich", donald duck and others, 32 pages.
The special ones, called "disney aventuras" came with 64 pages, and some of the fattest ones came with 96 pages or more.

I just did a little search and it seems they stopped publishing them in Spain :? I saw a huge book (from Spain) at a bookstore, tomorrow I'll go check it.
I need my fix of these guys: http://users.cwnet.com/xephyr/rich/dzon ... ethry2.gif
(:

Language is not an issue, english, spanish, whatever, I read everything that falls in my hands :oops:
Currency wise? Well, the premium ones are more expensive than I thought.

...Is that kid character next to Fethry a forigen ( Non-US ) invention ?
I have read that Fethry was a US addition...But , he is far more popular outside the USA .
After , for a long time , having ordered but never having come in from my local comic shop the $7.95 " Prestige Format " 64-page slick paper USA Disney comics , they , finally , started coming in ! !! !! !! !!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 10:28 pm

cool (:

and yes, Fethry and his cousin are regulars down here.

Merry xmas (:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 8:36 pm

computerlove wrote:
cool (:

and yes, Fethry and his cousin are regulars down here.

Merry xmas (:

...Yeah , but against the expense , the number of really excellent - as opposed to , say , simply okay - material is - uummmmmmmmmm...And I'm thinking I have to , REALLY , cut my comics-ordering on down...