Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 11:15 pm

I have a mother in law who just won't...

In America, we have a fairley renowned syndicated newspaper column called Dear ABBEY.

I was thinking that there could be a new post section called DEAR Aspie,

It could be exclusive for advice on different issues such as; meeting new people, depression, communicating tips. and any other special point an AS person may need advice for.

Although i would caution that it should not be run by a sugar and spice person. AS needs concrete solutions for concrete behavior. Also, need explicit instruction. Beating aroud the bush and PC is a waste of time.

Is it already in existence and i'm blind. If not whadda ya think?

I vote for Pyraxis, Bee Bee, neuroman and alex to be the chief advice givers, with any member allowed to give advice which is on topic only[list=][/list]

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2005, 11:29 pm

Well, the whole site is kind of a Dear Aspie column. But sure, I see no reason not to turn this thread into a more organized version.

P.S. BeeBee's not actually on the spectrum :wink:

Last edited by pyraxis on 04 Dec 2005, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2005, 11:35 pm

Howdy Partner,

I don't think you're blind, but you might be suffering from a sort of subliminal suggestion that didn't register conscioiusly. See, on the NEW THREADS bar with your "Dear Aspie" post is mine that I put up earlier today--which refers to a column I started a couple of days ago! :D I think maybe you saw that, and a bright idea popped up! (Great minds think alike...)

This is the thread:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8353

And the my feature column to which it refers:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... roovyDruid

So it's up and running!

SB2 wrote:
It could be exclusive for advice on different issues such as; meeting new people, depression, communicating tips. and any other special point an AS person may need advice for.

I answer questions relating to non-verbal communication in the column. This includes many topics like meeting new people and communicating tips, which you mentioned.

However, I shan't be offering advice on mental health issues such as depression, medication, or anything of that sort. I'm not a trained expert in those areas, and to even seem to give expert advice that is sanctioned by the website would be unethical or in some cases illegal. It could result in legal action against WP.

SB2 wrote:
Although i would caution that it should not be run by a sugar and spice person. AS needs concrete solutions for concrete behavior. Also, need explicit instruction. Beating aroud the bush and PC is a waste of time.

I concur. Nobody has yet accused me of any of these traits, right guys?:D

Anyway, I hope you find "Dear Aspie..." helpful, SB2. Please PM any questions you have, and check the column for regular updates!

-GroovyDruid

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe