Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 7:42 am

ValMikeSmith wrote:
Is this a story you wrote?
Is it a religion? If so, what kind? Do you believe it?
Did you make up a religion?
Did you mix a lot of religions together?

Well I have embellished a few details... It is the fruit of my reading of philosophy, history, prophecy and fantasy novels. It fits the evidence of history at least as much as String Theory fits the evidence of known physics

I am Christian. My development has been influenced for better or worse by other faiths.

Last edited by AlexandertheSolitary on 26 Nov 2008, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 7:56 am

Exile wrote:
Some of the terminology is from the Urantia thing.

Google it if you're curious.

No further comment.

I have not read that; more probably certain phrases and imagery recur in the mythology of cultures separated widely by time and space. This is because certain events in history cause ripples backwards and forwards in time, and sideways into other worlds. I forgot to mention that after release but before instigating the Great Schism, the Norman Conquest and the First Crusade, the Enemy assumed a visible manifestation for the first time in æons and wandered MesoAmerica as the Aztec God Tezcatlipoca, Lord of the Smoking Mirror, deceiving and corrupting the human reformer known as Qetzalcoatl or Kukulkan who was seeking to abolish human sacrifice, earning the emnity of several powerful priesthoods with whom Tezcatlipoca entered into an alliance, promising to corrupt Qetzalcoatl so he would no longer be fit to reign.

AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 7:58 am

Interesting.