Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Huskywolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2009, 4:11 am

I've pretty much always had imaginary friends-when I was little I imagined I had a dog (I've always wanted one but I'm not allowed to have one) and now, I always imagine myself in one of the many worlds I imagined in my mind. Some of these worlds are from books/movies/TV shows I like, others are random worlds I made up inhabited by creatures I created. I guess it all depends on which world I feel like "going to" at the time. In these worlds I imagine myself as some sort of animal (it's usually an animal because most of the "people" in these worlds are animals-they're usually based off of stories I'm writing at the time and I love writing about animals) and in my mind I can see myself talking to some of the other inhabitants of these worlds. Usually I'm saying things I wish I could tell others in real life about though I know they wouldn't understand, or I just simply talk to them to have fun.

I don't know if this is just me, but I also like imagining myself going on an adventure in those worlds-relating somewhat to real life (like if I'm in school and it's time to go to a new class, in my mind I'm imagining myself and the other creatures moving on to a new destination). If I told people this they'd probably think I was crazy, but it certainly makes things a lot less boring! It helps make school a lot less stressful too.

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2009, 8:56 am

I've always had imaginary friends. When I was younger they were with me all the time, although I never spoke to them in front of others. I still do it today, although they are no longer people I see and speak to, instead I speak out loud and gain assurance when thinking something over. its like I'm talking to myself, as I even answer myself sometimes. I also talk to myself when walking down the street and sometimes I realise that people have been listening to me do it. it gets frustrating :lol:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 9:11 am

the problem with imaginary friends is that they do not come to visit you in hospital when you get amnesia.

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2009, 9:22 am

When we were both much younger my sister had imaginary cats! no imaginary friends just cats. The weird thing was we actually had three real cats and shes completely nt.

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 10:39 am

I had a imaginary alligator Aldo when I was little. Now I more or less talk to myself in my head. I try to form conversation in my head but.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 2:05 am

SeizeTheDay wrote:
Does anybody still have imaginary friends that they talk to? I talk to myself with my somewhat imaginary friends(well, they're real people, but they aren't with me...so I guess they aren't really imaginary) but only when I'm alone. Anyone else?

I do that too... I make up conversations that I might have with actual people I know and sometimes I talk to myself.

spockezri
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jan 2009, 8:19 am

SeizeTheDay wrote:
Does anybody still have imaginary friends that they talk to? I talk to myself with my somewhat imaginary friends(well, they're real people, but they aren't with me...so I guess they aren't really imaginary) but only when I'm alone. Anyone else?

Heck yeah! Though now they've evolved to real fictional characters (from Death Note, Star Trek and Doctor Who [sort of for the last two...])

You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.