Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:13 am

I am terrified of vomiting. It is my only phobia. Doesn't matter if it's my own or someone elses. I could never be a janitor for this reason.

Quote:
I would rather clean up feces than vomitus.

Agreed.

Quote:
Actually puking is cool sometimes. Like when you've had too much to drink? You can throw up on the floor, then you can go drink some more.

Ew. I hate being drunk.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 2:18 am

I'm not afraid of myself vomiting, but if I get a whiff of someone else's, it turns my stomach. :eew:

Those who know, don't speak.

DanasSoliloquy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2008, 6:15 am

jawbrodt wrote:
I'm not afraid of myself vomiting, but if I get a whiff of someone else's, it turns my stomach. :eew:

Definately :oops:

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2010, 3:57 am

it rules my life somedays i avoid food, i avoid smells, i avoid people, i hand wash, i wear a mask if somethings going around, i wear gloves, i check dates on foods, i only eat leftovers within 24hrs of preparation, i dont do anything at all within 30 min of eating i dont eat in the car, i dont eat and get in a car, if i have to get in a plane i eat breakfast only and opt for a late night flight, i eat dinner at 3 30 so im not full at 8 when i go to bed, i dont eat and get in a car, i will not get pregnant ever, i avoid children, i dont look at or listen to vomit on tv,i feel nauseous alot, i have panic attacks and meltdowns over this, i must have a certain amount of time between foods :help: :cry:

tarento
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2010, 7:11 am

i do. it used to be a lot worse when i had a clean record of only being sick one time between my entire childhood and age 20. i used to avoid drinking quickly enough to feel sick and actually was able to hold more booze and stay sober than most of my friends which i think was quite unusual. then one day i tried one shot of whisky (i normally hate the stuff) and i was sick all over my bedroom floor :lol: i was so tipsy i didn't actually care about the fear. since then it just became less scary for me because i thought, i've done it now and i didn't freak out. but i still get panicky if i feel nauseous and it's always going to be ingrained in me to avoid things that could make me sick.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 10:39 am

But what exactly does this phobia of yours stem in? Is it because you are afraid it could end for you with a serious illness, that for example you could start to vomit blood or choke on your own puke or something?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 10:44 am

I haven't vomited in years, but I can't say that I have a fear of it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sylvr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2010, 11:26 am

ReGiFroFoLa wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
Fear of vomiting. Anyone else here have it besides me?

Yyyy :doh: And I have diarrhea :dwarf:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5l9gm4ymLw&feature=related[/youtube]

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 62 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 11:47 am

Me.

Don't like it, don't like the smell, don't like the sight.
I fear vomiting so much that I'm incapable of vomiting when I'm sick now.

I had a baby puke at my work last week. I could avoid the sight of it, but the smell... oh god the smell. I was trying to work an order at the same time and I could barely focus. :eew:

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 12:06 pm

I don't like the sight and smell of vomit, but I don't mind vomiting myself, just as long as there's a toilet nearby so that I don't have to fear vomiting all over the floor and humiliating myself. :roll:

aspie_giraffe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2010, 7:30 pm

Irulan wrote:
But what exactly does this phobia of yours stem in? Is it because you are afraid it could end for you with a serious illness, that for example you could start to vomit blood or choke on your own puke or something?

i just dont want to throw up, i dont like it so i will spend my life avoiding it, my number of years since is 10, after i promised i would never throw up again

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2010, 8:06 pm

I don't have Emetophobia, but my sister's had it all her life. What doesn't help is how I usually got carsick when I was younger. Nowadays she refuses to watch movies b/c she fears there might be a scene w/ vomiting in it. Even the slightest burp or the mere mention of the word and its synonyms can make her panic.
But somehow, ever since she got hooked on Left 4 Dead 2 (which features a vomit-projectile-firing zombie), she hasn't had any problems. Even some cartoons w/ vomiting she hadn't panicked.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 4:58 pm

I hate being sick. I haven't had a tummy bug for 11 years (touch wood), but I have almost went to be sick since then, and it's horrible. And I never forgotten what it's like to be sick. In fact, I've got such a big phobia of it that when I do feel sick I've been concentrating really hard on stopping myself from being sick, because of my fear. It has worked. I just sit down and stare hard at something, and keep on staring and staring, and if I get any distrations then I would be sick. I stop concentrating when the strong nausea wears off. You have to have a massive obsessive phobia to let it fight if off like that.
If the sick just came up without any gagging and choking and heaving then I wouldn't mind, but it's the way it comes out which panics me.
First the nausea, which worsens, then the cold sweating, then the shaking, then the salava what builds up quickly under your tongue (but your mouth going dry at the same time), then the feeling of your stomach going in, then the feeling of all your guts clenching, then you lean forward as far as you can, and you hurt all your stomach muscles but you don't care because by now you're too busy heaving, then you see the horrible stuff come out of your own mouth, then it builds up more in your chest and then more and more comes out.........no thank you!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

ps - if you are eating right now, what are you doing reading this thread? :D :D LOL

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 5:35 pm

I don't like the taste of vomit in my mouth, or the smell of other people's vomit, but I can't say I have a phobia of vomit. It's not as if I'll deliberately avoid people who I know might vomit (unless they're carrying the plague, then I'd call Pest Control), or pass out if someone vomits near me. It's never nice though.

Joe90 wrote:
ps - if you are eating right now, what are you doing reading this thread? :D :D LOL

I was enjoying that soup! :evil:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 5:44 pm

I have a very strong fear of vomiting. There were times as a child, that I would keep myself from doing so.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2010, 11:02 pm

I had really bad emetophobia for over 5 years. I'd freak out if someone coughed, I'd have a panic attack if someone threw up, I'd have a panic attack if I saw a bucket in a room and didn't know why it was there (I associated buckets with vomit), I'd start crying if I saw someone vomit in a movie, and if I heard a splashing noise, I'd freak out. It was horrible when someone threw up at school, because the teachers never let me go home.
I don't have emetophobia anymore. I managed to 'cure' it when I was in a situation that involved someone vomiting whilst I was in a dissociative state of mind, and ever since then, I don't care if someone throws up in front of me.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"