Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 9:59 am

I really thought I'd hang in there in the hopes that I'd find something that would help me with my Asperger's. That hasn't happened.

I know I'm not the though police but seeing threads about rape and bestiality and other such stuff and A LOT of self-centered vanity posts have really turned me off to the site.

That plus a lot of people seem to have the notion that they don't seem to be broken, "why fix me?" So, why come to the site in the first place? Why not just hang out with NTs at their sites? I for one want to develop skills and coping strategies.

I bid you fond ado.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 10:49 am

nobody cares. same time, same place tomorrow? :lol:

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:55 am

Well..i wish you the best of luck whatever
you decide to do - hope you find what
you`re looking for

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 11:25 am

I know what you mean but not everyone's like that.

It's the ones that shout the loudest or so how I see it.

Mitchellhenderson
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2008, 11:27 am

Whatever man.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 11:29 am

:?

good luck man

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 11:38 am

There's no reason for this site to be "just" a help/support site.
To log on and speak with like-minded people, even about everyday things, is a help in itself. You contribute to the makeup of this site, and when you leave, the balance will be changed. One less person NOT talking about rape and bestiality.

Still, in my experience, you get out of things what you put into them. For instance, if you want to talk to people about spiders and bats, they will talk back to you about spiders and bats.
Maybe you're just not asking the right questions, in regard to skills and coping strategies. Sometimes you have to seek specific knowledge, to gain specific knowledge.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:08 pm

patternist wrote:
To log on and speak with like-minded people, even about everyday things, is a help in itself. You contribute to the makeup of this site, and when you leave, the balance will be changed. One less person NOT talking about rape and bestiality.

Still, in my experience, you get out of things what you put into them. For instance, if you want to talk to people about spiders and bats, they will talk back to you about spiders and bats.
Maybe you're just not asking the right questions, in regard to skills and coping strategies. Sometimes you have to seek specific knowledge, to gain specific knowledge.

agreed, and wow.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:33 pm

No! Don't go...

:?
Oh Well, another user lost. But still, don't leave!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 2:29 pm

computerlove wrote:
patternist wrote:

agreed, and wow.

Facing it topic

I have been meaning to ask you, computerlove: where did you find such an ugly avatar? :lol: Hideous!!

The Dig man will be back. He just needs some space.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

25 Nov 2008, 2:35 pm

Drama queen.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 2:40 pm

Don't go digger!

You are needed here!

Wrong Planet needs you!

But hey, you'll be back some day.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 3:20 pm

digger1 wrote:
I'm leaving

Doorknob ... butt ... fill in the blanks.

digger1 wrote:
I bid you fond ado.

That's "Adieu."

Bye.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 3:20 pm

(Double Post)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 25 Nov 2008, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 3:24 pm

What I would do is post topics/ thread starters about whatever I seek advice on. That way people have a chance to respond to my questions about whatever I'm attempting to cope with.

I don't think I have seen very many threads started by you, maybe one here or there...correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see many in the Autism forum...
I don't see why you're complaining since you aren't starting threads concerning the issues you want to see posts about.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 4:59 pm

sartresue wrote:
I have been meaning to ask you, computerlove: where did you find such an ugly avatar? :lol: Hideous!!

Hi Sartresue, sorry, I don't remember where I got it from :?
I think she's lovely =D