Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 10:33 am

Fashionable people are always the most popular ones. Maybe there is an exception, but I haven't seen anything but this. They are the ones who everybody adores, except for some ''losers''. I guess that means I'm a loser, I never liked fashionable people. Not because of their clothes; I am the one that resents judging people by their appearance. Mostly fashionable girls are mean, often rich brats, what my reason of not liking them is. They are arrogant, gossip about everyone, even their best friends, they are extremely superficial, untrustworthy and indiscrete. I know it doesn't sound nice, but that's just what I've noticed and observed throughout the years.

It doesn't matter if you are a nice or warm person, it only counts if you wear fashion. It even is better not to be nice, but just as bitchy as they are. I find fashion ridiculous: Wearing long hot scarfs in summer, or shoes, impossible to walk on, not lasting longer than a week. When a fat girl wears clothing made for the anorexic skeletons on the runways it doesn't suit her mostly. Though, people say she looks magnificent! It looks crap, but they say it and mean it because it is fashion to wear that. When a fashion item is ''hot'', they all think it is great. A sezon after, they'll laugh at you, because you look ridiculous, but they forget the fact they wore exactly the same thing a month ago, but found it great back then because it was fashion. They all do that to look the same as all the others do! I'm fine with that fact as a fact, though I don't like it how they do it: They never want to be friends with you, when you don't wear fashionable clothing! You can stand on your head if you like, they will never like you just because you don't wear the ''right'' clothes.

I was bullied for a long time for not wearing what people expect you to wear; I didn't care that much, I always thought there were more interesting things in life to think about and to focus on. That made me a nerd, another thing that made people hate me. Fashionable people cling together in their world, you can't get in it if you dislike minding clothing, fashion, small talk, gossip, or superficial nonsense.

Recently I was quite shocked when I discovered what people talk about (I felt really autistic, I couldn't get people were able minding such superficial things), but I was more shocked when I discovered where people base their judgement of you on: Your looks. They say very vicious things about eachother, I didn't realize people are actually that mean and shallow.

How about you? Do you think fashionable people are mostly mean, or do you have other experiences?

I GRADUATED WITH THE HIGHEST GRADES OF MY YEAR!! !! !

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 11:01 am

Fash On and Off topic

Fashion is fickle. I just wear what is comfortable and fits. some of my clothes are 30 years old. when I was much younger I conformed to the extent that I would be left alone, but nowadays the pressure is greater because fashion changes much more rapidly. Flare pants were in style for about eight years, and then the skinny ones were back briefly. Now it is flares again, because people did not like the skinny jeans, which were more popular in the eighties and lasted longer with modifications.

Fashion is a business. I shop at thrift stores and buy what I like. Perhaps it is easier for me because I am much older and am not worried about what my neighbour wears. It is more difficult to be a young person nowadays.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

kip
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 11:05 am

Hmmm... I'm actually well up on fashion... I know what looks good, how to pair stuff... I'd be one of those cool chicks without much effort.

But... I don't care to. People should see me, not my clothes. So, I can help sis and mum pick out that hot date outfit, but I own two identical pairs of pants, one pair of shoes, and a bunch of tshirts. Like I said, I could if I wanted to. I just don't.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 11:29 am

Wow, it seems you've really met some frightening people....I don't care about fashion, where I'm from, people usually develop their own style, they know what makes them look good and can wear similar stuff for years and years....then again, I know what you mean when you talk about these very trendy people who only see peoples value in their looks. In my opinion it'll be them who are really going to suffer one day(aging, weight-gain etc etc) so I feel a bit sorry for them

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2008, 2:24 pm

I grew up proud to be unfashionable, in the belief that fashion is for people who don't know any better than to be fashionable - herd mentality!

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 3:14 pm

xD Fine I'll admit I do play some online dress up games ocassionally, I don't mind fashion, but I'm not that into it, like some people.

pavel_filonov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2008, 4:01 pm

Actually, I'm really interested in fashion. Or at least, I find out what is deemed to be in, then ignore much of it. But I find it interesting to know.

Akajohnnyx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2008, 1:27 am

I agree with your post, Crocodile. People that are into fashion as a means of fitting in are flat out contrived in my experience. Either that or they're two-faced.

I think it's funny that the things you see girls wearing on the runway look absolutely ridiculous. I know it isn't meant to be mass-produced and is made mostly for artistic merit, but come on! The stuff looks awful. Everything's exaggerated and gaudy. I don't get it.

I reject fashion. I probably spend more money on toilet paper than clothes. I myself am a jeans, sneakers, and band T-shirt guy. I've been told I look like I'm stuck in the 90's. Not pastel colors nineties, more like grunge nineties.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:57 am

I'm not too fashionable, but I know what looks good on me and I like to look good.
I've got to admit I do judge people on what they wear.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 2:04 pm

I only wear clothes that I like, and I don't care if nobody else wear them. I make sure there is no corporation stuff written; I don't want to be associated with that.

Of the "visible" clothes I wear, I wear jeans, completely ordinary jeans suited for urban life, as well as those proper sweaters, those kind of sweaters that aren't sold in stores, those sweaters you can only get from relatives or second-hand stores.

Fashion is a symbol of wealth and power for some people, like stone age people marvelling at their chief's new piece of fur. It is something that sensible people should refrain from.

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2008, 4:14 pm

“Etiquette are for those without manners, in the same way as fashion is for those without style.”
– Coco Chanel

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2008, 6:07 pm

i dont really notice it too much, and i probably copy peoples clothes still. with exeption of t-shirts. striped is where its at baby 8)

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 5:44 pm

have u seen my sense of fashion :P
be afraid :P

"this is my kekkai genkai!" ~Kimimaro~R.I.P
TEAM HD3H, NEMESIS OF DELOREANDUDE!

donhz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2008, 7:00 pm

I don't hate fashion, I just don't get it.

What is the value in a particular piece of cloth being draped on a person's body in a certain way? I don't know.

T-shirt and Levis, that's the uniform. Dress up? Wear a corduroy sport coat over it. Both men and women look good in that outfit. You can go almost anywhere dressed like that and get away with it.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 7:54 pm

I don't really get women's fashion. I dress like a 12 year old boy. I look like one too so it all works out. :D

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2008, 9:05 pm

I'm fashionable.

End it all?