Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 1:10 pm

yes indeed, time to find someone else to sweat over. but who? :albino:

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 1:19 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I think so too. It's almost like going to another country because of all the different terrains, climates, and land masses. I mean wouldn't be that much different in Europe had they been states instead of countries.

funny, all of this time I was sure you were Australian MissC 8O

anyway, I've never been outside Europe (technically... I lived in Faroe Islands as a child but I don't remember any of it, and F.I. are kinda europe anyway...) but I travelled extensively throughout the old continent. hitch-hiked a lot as a teenager and been to most Western European countries, usually getting lifts from truck drivers. that was awesome, I really love trucks :D

I've been to the Balkans and most of southern Europe, Sweden and a tiny bit of Norway (I haven't seen any border there though, just a bunch of reindeers), lived in Slovakia, Britain and Sweden.

I always plan new trips, right now if I had the resources I'd go to Japan and Thailand for some time. I like to stay in places for 3-4 weeks, get used to it and all, otherwise I don't really feel like I've been there.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 1:26 pm

Canada (Ontario and Quebec)
Eastern Africa (Kenya, Nigeria, and Somalia)
Europe (Ireland and Italy)
Mexico (The Baha Penninsula)
Middle East (Bahrain, Dubai, and Iraq)
United States (Everwhere except Alaska)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Odd_Duck
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2008, 2:19 pm

One of my favorite travel stories:

We rented a jeep on St. Vincent in the Caribbean and drove out to some hiking paths. As I'm driving up a washed out track in a banana plantation, I see something crossing the road ahead, so I stop. It was a spider the size of a plate! 8O Everyone in the jeep made me get out first and look for spiders when we got to the trailhead.

As far as my own travel list, I'm a slut for travel, and was lucky enough to travel a lot as a kid and now for work. Next up is Sweden to go to a friend's wedding. In no particular order (anything in italics is a place that I've spent more than one month in a single stay or lived):

Countries: UK (Scotland, Wales, England), France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Spain, Andorra, Switzerland, Austria, Lichtenstein, Turkey, Israel, Croatia (back when it was part of Yugoslavia), India, Canada (Ontario, Quebec), Tonga, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos, Antigua

US States: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Texas, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, Hawaii

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 2:40 pm

I've travelled all over the American west and also throughout New York and New England. I've also been to Vancouver and Nova Scotia, Mexico and Japan. And I've moved to England and have seen Scotland as well, but I've never been across the channel. I hope to rectify that this coming summer.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 3:03 pm

Been to Italy. Been to Germany. Been to Switzerland... Now I moved to UK... Traveling itself makes me sick; but I enjoy the cultural shock... :twisted: It's like - I love being in foreign country, where I can't understand the language, because then I don't feel that much of an alien... I can't explain how does it work... But still - it's pleasurous sensation. Do You understand? Do You feel the same?

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 3:57 pm

ReGiFroFoLa wrote:
Been to Italy. Been to Germany. Been to Switzerland... Now I moved to UK... Traveling itself makes me sick; but I enjoy the cultural shock... :twisted: It's like - I love being in foreign country, where I can't understand the language, because then I don't feel that much of an alien... I can't explain how does it work... But still - it's pleasurous sensation. Do You understand? Do You feel the same?

Yesss, I do, I like that foreigners are allowed to be socially ignorant and odd

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 5:47 pm

I really enjoy traveling.

I have been to the following countries and territories (36): Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba; Bahamas; Barbados; Bermuda; British Virgin Islands; Canada; Cayman Islands; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Grenada; Haiti; Italy; Jamaica; Martinique; Mexico; Monaco; Netherlands; Netherlands Antilles; Norway; Puerto Rico; Russia; St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Martin; Spain; Sweden; Turkey; United Kingdom; United States; US Virgin Islands; Vatican City.

I have been to the following states of the US (22): Alaska; California; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; Texas; Vermont; Virginia; Washington.

As you can see I have been to Estonia - it is a great little country. I really like Tallinn. :)

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2008, 2:44 pm

dougn wrote:
I really enjoy traveling.

I have been to the following countries and territories (36): Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba; Bahamas; Barbados; Bermuda; British Virgin Islands; Canada; Cayman Islands; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Grenada; Haiti; Italy; Jamaica; Martinique; Mexico; Monaco; Netherlands; Netherlands Antilles; Norway; Puerto Rico; Russia; St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Martin; Spain; Sweden; Turkey; United Kingdom; United States; US Virgin Islands; Vatican City.

I have been to the following states of the US (22): Alaska; California; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; Texas; Vermont; Virginia; Washington.

As you can see I have been to Estonia - it is a great little country. I really like Tallinn. :)

How have you managed to travel around that much? How long did you stay in these places on average?