Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 1:02 pm

Here's one thing that has been going on in my life recently. My step brother's girlfriend has been coming over about 3-4 times a week lately. It started slowly at first but over time, she started talking to me more and more. Also, whenever she makes a joke (usually at her boyfriend's expense) she looks at me as she smiles and giggles. Personally I think she is just trying to be friendly but I'm a bit curious as to if that is the case. Either way, I'm making progress with talking to women and am satisfied with what I have done so far. Thanks to my meds, I am more assertive and friendly. She never talked to me at all before I went on them.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by Social_Fantom on 25 Nov 2008, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

25 Nov 2008, 1:06 pm

Maybe she likes you and is flirting with you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 1:07 pm

I think that either she likes you at least as much as she likes your brother, or she just thinks you're "cute" and is trying to provoke a more assertive reaction from your brother. Either way, it's a minefield.

My advice (follow at your own risk) is to ask if she has a sister or friend that you could meet.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 1:16 pm

Nah I think you shouldn't assume anything out of it. The possibility is the same as if she hadn't have smiled at you. Considering you are not talking about much touching, (an I have had touching when it is just friends), then I wouldn't say it is even ambiguous. What you expect her to be miserable in your presence. Have a look how she is with other people.

It is good to have female friends. There is also 'friendly flirting', which is a bizarre thing but it might help social skills.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 1:20 pm

Yeah, it's kind of hard to tell but I'm happy that she is at least talking to me. It means that I can talk to women after all if I just try. Later on I might see if she has a friend. I would flirt with her more but her boyfriend is already getting a little bit jealous, plus I have no intention of breaking them up anyway.

Mitchellhenderson
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2008, 1:31 pm

Do it anyway.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 7:45 am

Be friends with her sure, but don't get any stupid ideas. And if your step brother decides he doesn't want you two talking to each other, you should respect that.