I like it 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I love it! 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
IT'S DA' BEST! 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 21

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 4:59 am

I'm a big fan of public transportation. I hope I never have to learn how to drive.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 5:34 am

happypuff wrote:
I would like public transport if the buses came more often then once every 30/40/45 mins, continued running after 8pm, and didn't mean at either end of my trip I still need to walk at least 1km :P

In other words, I'd like public transport if it wasn't for the fact you are completely reliant on a car, due to such a poor system here :(

Yes, same here, if i didnt have a car it would take an hour, hour and a half
to just get from me to the store to buy food, one way 8O and with a car
it takes 5-7 minutes, one way - so its a huge difference when living in the
countryside - citys are different

darcelle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Nov 2008, 5:38 am

there's free wifi on the train i get quite often. so public transport is 'da best', as you gave the option of putting :) also, greener and cheaper than using a car.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:11 am

I prefer public transport: you don't have to concentrate on driving, so you can read or think, and it's much cheaper. Ironically, despite having an avid interest in public transport systems, I hate using the slow, unreliable and disjointed system on offer in my local area, and can't stand most of the public (filthy, ignorant cretins) it transports! Some inner-city corridors are quite useful, but the rest of the system's a shambles. Poorly organised and poorly policed. But I can't afford a car, so I'm forced to use it.

[Edited to fix up yet another typo, the sort I never notice until it's too late]

Last edited by BPalmer on 28 Nov 2008, 8:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:14 am

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:
it would take an hour, hour and a half
to just get from me to the store to buy food, one way 80 [minutes] and with a car
it takes 5-7 minutes, one way - so its a huge difference when living in the
countryside - citys are different

A lot of cities are like that too. In Brisbane, where most public transport is buses (including line-haul routes), it typically takes 2 or 3 times as long as driving would.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:16 am

gismo wrote:
I love those old Routemasters that you could jump in and out of

Some of those old beasts now do tourist services in the Blue Mountains of NSW. However, they're front-entry.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 9:26 am

gismo wrote:
I'd quite like to ride a Tram but we don't have them here in the UK...

There are some in Wolverhampton, Nottingham and Blackpool and possible other places too.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

27 Nov 2008, 2:26 pm

I like it. I don't have to drive and use money on gas and I am going to keep it that way even if the gas prices are low. Sometimes I see interesting things go on but the worst thing that can happen is someone starting an argument with the bus driver. I just don't know if the person is going to take out a gun or start assaulting the driver.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:31 pm

Sholf wrote:
I like buses and trains, most of all when they're empty and I have a good view of the scenery.

Least of all when I'm trapped between screaming babies, fighting students, stressed schizophrenics, and loud racists.

Pretty much the same with me, I love trains that go along in the countryside and you get a good view, but not buses, and the tube is horrible...