Terrorist attacks in Bombay, India, over 80 dead

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 6:19 am

Quote:
Actually, that's not exactly the case. A lot of the Saudi based Al Qaeda operatives come from fairly well off families.

True, the captured terrorist happens to be from a wealthy family.

Peace.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:08 pm

Khan_Sama wrote:
LPP does live in Beirut. He's a former Shi'a and hates Hezbollah to the core. Hence, his belief that Islam = terrorism.

LPP, do you live in South Beirut?

Peace.

I know where you want to get with this question, you want to justify Hezbollah's destructive behavior because their regions are 'poor'.

If you think that southern suburbs of Beirut 'suffers' from poverty (and so you are trying to justify their 'destructive behavior) more than no-hezbollah/no-Shi'a regions then you are totally wrong, that was something from the past. South Beirut is not poor anymore and it's even richer than north of Lebanon which is dominated by Maronite christians and Sunnites and it certainly not less poor than the part where I live in Beirut (which is a Sunna/orthdoxe dominated area -geographically pretty close to south Beirut).

The South of Beirut was the the first region who was rebuilt after the July war thanks the million of dollars sent by Iran through hezbollah. No other area had such special aid. Other regions still suffering from destruction of many infrastructures.

The members of Hezbollah enjoy wealth that no one else can compete with , they live on the benefits of organized money laundering , 90% of drug farms in Beqaa are under the hand of Hezbollah (except Tofayli's followers who are anti-Hezbollah), and you dare to tell me that Hezbollah are poor?

Hezbollah attacked Beirut on may 2008 not because of their "poverty" but because the Lebanese government suggested to remove the Hezbollah's illegal phone network in southern suburbs. They did an act of terrorism not because they are "poor" but because they don't want to quit their lifestyle and their wealth based on illegal deeds.

They are like the "Slave states" during the American civil war , those didn't declare war on US because they were poor (and they weren't poor at all) but because they were bastards who refused to quit their enslaving-style of living.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:10 pm

Fogman wrote:
Coadunate wrote:
Can I turn this into an economic debate instead? I argue that if you give a job (employ) every single person who wants to work on this planet that terrorism would be reduced to almost nothing. For “Idle hands are The Devil's workshop”

Actually, that's not exactly the case. A lot of the Saudi based Al Qaeda operatives come from fairly well off families.

Usamah bin landen himself is a billionaire.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:17 pm

anna-banana wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
Khan_Sama wrote:
Please don't turn this into another religious debate, as Hindu and Christian terrorists have been arrested/suspected in the past over here. >_>

Peace.

Nice try, but everyone knows that the doers of this massacre were muslim Mujahedeen .

that's irrelevant. it's not the religion that lies at the core of such destructive behaviours.

You don't know what Islam is, I was one.

you only see what you want to see, my friend

Islam is a religion that promises rewards for those who fight unbelievers, they are acting according to what Islam says.

How Islam can't be the main motivation of their destructive behavior?

LPP, I see where you're coming from. Seriously. If there were catholic terrorists I would probably be reacting the same way as you are, being a former catholic, and hating the catholic church with passion.

still though, there are many aspects that you have to take under consideration when judging these young people- them having no perspectives, living in poverty, being brainwashed from a very young age. seeing the fortunacy and the abundancy of life that we, the westerners are living!

I can imagine it could be very destructive. I grew up in a communist country, and believe me, it *does your f***ing head in*. you want more. you know you can't have it. what other choice do you have than destruction?

it's easy to blame it all on religion. well guess what- there've been crusades and wars over every possible religion you can think of. if you think that such an approach is *exclusive* to islam then let me tell you one thing- you bloody wish. if it was that easy, this world would have been a walk in the park.

but it's not. just ask the people of Mumbai.

You are assuming a lot of things about me , anna.
I don't hate Islam more than any other religion , hope that clarifies my intentions.
I lived in country that suffered from a 15 years of civil religious/political war ...and Christians and Druzes were not saints at all.

And I am pretty familiar with the communist propaganda because communist party was the strongest among the Muslim and especially the Shi'a community in Lebanon before the rise of Hezbollah and Amal.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:21 pm

Quote:

Poverty rages all over the Indian and Pakistan people and not only the muslims (most Hindus and sikhs are poor too), yet the Muslims are the most likely to engage into a terrorist act. It's not a matter of poverty. Brainwashing? maybe but brainwashing based on what values? isn't on the values of Islam? what the source of this brainwashing? Isn't it Islam?....I know it is yet I wasn't brainwashed at all.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:10 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Quote:
Fogman wrote:
Coadunate wrote:
Can I turn this into an economic debate instead? I argue that if you give a job (employ) every single person who wants to work on this planet that terrorism would be reduced to almost nothing. For “Idle hands are The Devil's workshop”

Usamah bin landen himself is a billionaire.

Stop ignoring my response. Stop pretending that you didn’t see it. My response WAS:

Don’t confuse the head for the body. There will always be a few head lunatics but they are useless without a body of foot soldiers to carry out their orders, and those foot soldiers come from a supply of disadvantaged, uneducated and simple people whom society has not cared for.

You need to reply to my response. That is how a debate is run.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:38 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Quote:
Poverty rages all over the Indian and Pakistan people and not only the muslims (most Hindus and sikhs are poor too), yet the Muslims are the most likely to engage into a terrorist act. It's not a matter of poverty. Brainwashing? maybe but brainwashing based on what values? isn't on the values of Islam? what the source of this brainwashing? Isn't it Islam?....I know it is yet I wasn't brainwashed at all.

No it's not Islam. It's a subversion of Islam. I could brain wash you to pick flowers all day and kill babies at night, given enough time and access. Anything can be subverted into evil and that includes Islam or any other religion or belief. Muslims just are more organized at this point in history. I can give you historic examples when other religions were just as barbarously subverted and organized if you want. Make my day.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 1:39 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Khan_Sama wrote:
LPP does live in Beirut. He's a former Shi'a and hates Hezbollah to the core. Hence, his belief that Islam = terrorism.

LPP, do you live in South Beirut?

Peace.

I know where you want to get with this question, you want to justify Hezbollah's destructive behavior because their regions are 'poor'.

If you think that southern suburbs of Beirut 'suffers' from poverty (and so you are trying to justify their 'destructive behavior) more than no-hezbollah/no-Shi'a regions then you are totally wrong, that was something from the past. South Beirut is not poor anymore and it's even richer than north of Lebanon which is dominated by Maronite christians and Sunnites and it certainly not less poor than the part where I live in Beirut (which is a Sunna/orthdoxe dominated area -geographically pretty close to south Beirut).

The South of Beirut was the the first region who was rebuilt after the July war thanks the million of dollars sent by Iran through hezbollah. No other area had such special aid. Other regions still suffering from destruction of many infrastructures.

The members of Hezbollah enjoy wealth that no one else can compete with , they live on the benefits of organized money laundering , 90% of drug farms in Beqaa are under the hand of Hezbollah (except Tofayli's followers who are anti-Hezbollah), and you dare to tell me that Hezbollah are poor?

Hezbollah attacked Beirut on may 2008 not because of their "poverty" but because the Lebanese government suggested to remove the Hezbollah's illegal phone network in southern suburbs. They did an act of terrorism not because they are "poor" but because they don't want to quit their lifestyle and their wealth based on illegal deeds.

They are like the "Slave states" during the American civil war , those didn't declare war on US because they were poor (and they weren't poor at all) but because they were bastards who refused to quit their enslaving-style of living.

I never attempted to claim that Hezbollah was poor. I just wanted to know if you lived in South Beirut, which is a Hezbollah stronghold.

LePetitPrince wrote:
Quote:

There was a terrorist movement within the Sikhs for an independent Punjab in the 80's. Indira Gandhi put it down with an iron fist which led to her assassination by her own sikh bodyguards. In 1991, with the destruction of the Babri Masjid, Hindu terrorism began.

Have you heard of the naxalite movement? It's the biggest militant movement which dominates a large portion of India. They seek to establish a Maoist state. I live surrounded by naxalites, my situation is no different from the situation you're in with Hezbollah. Here's a map from wikipedia depicting naxal activity.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ts_map.svg

Peace.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 10:38 am

Coadunate wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

Quote:

No it's not Islam. It's a subversion of Islam. I could brain wash you to pick flowers all day and kill babies at night, given enough time and access. Anything can be subverted into evil and that includes Islam or any other religion or belief. Muslims just are more organized at this point in history. I can give you historic examples when other religions were just as barbarously subverted and organized if you want. Make my day.

awwww ...you felt offended because I didn't notice your posts?

yea yea ...I know ...Catholics were evil crusaders in middle-age ..bla bla. Christianity is evil too but the topic is about muslim terrorists..

And I am not saying that Islam is the only source of evil in the world ,evil exists in humanity but Islam is a good guide for such evil brainwashing.

...and your head and foot theory is not totally right, so many fighters in such organizations are not poor.