'Girls don't want men who aren't confident' = 'Girls don't..

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2008, 10:35 pm

...want men who play it safe often.'

Do you agree that those statements are synonyms?

Since when do we have to become more bold and brazen in much of anything we do, even if it means a risk of a "big fall?"

(And when Aspies get drunk, how do others say you act?)

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 10:52 pm

What does drunkenness have to do with anything?

Confidence is certainly something attractive to girls.
I think that girls like confident guys is a more fair statement than girls don't like guys who aren't confident.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 11:30 pm

show me a man that can hold down a job and a mortgage and I will show you a hero most women would go for.

Merle

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 11:41 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
show me a man that can hold down a job and a mortgage and I will show you a hero most women would go for.

They're not going for me.

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Nov 2008, 11:57 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
What does drunkenness have to do with anything?

Confidence is certainly something attractive to girls.

they don't call it liquid courage for nothing!!

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 2:46 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Why a mortgage? Isn't there some other metric for gaging reliability that doesn't require the individual in question to loose a bunch of capital through interest? :?: :?: :?:

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2008, 7:11 am

NeantHumain wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

They're not going for me.

Maybe the women you're looking at are still too young to appreciate this immensely important element, security. Personally I know that it is what made all the difference to me, but only when I was already 33 years old.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 7:22 am

I'm 40, hold a good job and a morgage and all that. But still single.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2008, 7:25 am

KenM wrote:
I'm 40, hold a good job and a morgage and all that. But still single.

I seem to remember that you have posted about severe depression in the past, and I think that probably doesn't create the impression of security. Perhaps now that you are coming up again a bit things will change.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:07 am

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
I think that girls like confident guys is a more fair statement than girls don't like guys who aren't confident.

I have never heard of a girl who liked guys who aren't confident (unless she was a control freak who liked to manipulate her guy.)

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 9:17 am

sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

Not sure I've ever heard a statement so blatantly in conflict with reality.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

BigK
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2008, 9:24 am

yesplease wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Why a mortgage? Isn't there some other metric for gaging reliability that doesn't require the individual in question to loose a bunch of capital through interest? :?: :?: :?:

I suppose being able to buy a house with cash would help :)

"How can it not know what it is?"

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 9:26 am

sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

That is only after she has had four kids with four different fathers. She's looking for a sucker to pay her way since the fathers of her children can't because they are all incarcerated. I have a mortgage and a high paying job and these types of women have come pouring out of the woodwork. There aren't a lot of quality women out there.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 12:44 pm

sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

Hey, I can hold down a well paid job and corresponding extortionate mortgage and it doesn't seem to count for anything.

Maybe a 'good looking' man that can hold down a 'fantastically well paid' job would be a hero. But jobs and mortgages are so commonplace in the western world, I don't see them counting for anything. You're never too far from another man with a better job and a better house.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 12:57 pm

*shakes head* I have to agree with SinsBoldly for the most part here. Yes, M_M... there are those out there who will take advantage. And if you're expecting perfection in a partner, then you are bound to be disappointed. But, especially as one ages, there is an appreciation for such qualities, not absurd notions.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 2:27 pm

yesplease wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

the mortgage (which is simply a symbol in this case) is so the kids can be raised in a solid home with roots and as much security as is possible in the wayword world. Why would any woman consider having children for and by a man with anything else? And why would a man want to have a family with out being able to provide for them?

Merle