Page 1 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 11:07 pm

I am extremely afraid of mittens. I can't stand the way they feel. Last time I wore them I started to scream and cry.
I'm also really afraid of trains.
I used to be afraid of spiders...but not anymore (thank you Zoloft!)
And I hate squeaky shoes. I cover my ears and will fall to the ground when I hear them...

The End.

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Ashton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2008, 7:48 am

People (specifically attractive females), computers breaking down beyond repair, snakes/spiders/creepy-crawlies, dirt, thunderstorms.

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2008, 1:37 pm

Cockroaches, dangerous chimical/liquids (white spirit, bleach etc.), and being late.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2008, 4:14 am

I have terrible, terrible arachnophobia (fear of spiders); and I'm phobic about the water (when there's water left in a glass, I will never drink it again - I have to take a new glass; I am also paniclly scared of dark, gloomy water - like in rivers, or lakes...and therefore I am scared of crossing through the bridge...) And ofcourse - photophobia (excessive aversion to light, aversion to sunlight)

Last edited by ReGiFroFoLa on 30 Nov 2008, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2008, 5:38 am

Being timed down. Can't stand it. Makes my bladder almost release itself.

Aside from that...the concept of spirits.

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 3:47 pm

Oh, I for got one, large bodies of water. I almost drowned once in an ocean.

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

LifeOfTheSpectrum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2008, 4:38 pm

Climacophobia. - Fear of stairs.
Kabourophobia. - Fear of crabs.
Slight
Agoraphobia. Open spaces.
Taphephobia. Buried alive.

lithium
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2008, 10:33 am

arachnaphobia, agoraphobia, i used to be extremely afraid of being around other people (especially ones i do not know) or going to people, and i have a fear of needles and injections (i did have al my injections and i didnt freak out on them because as long as i dont look i'll be fine) if someone just do as much as talk about needles and injections i can actually feel a sting on my arm and my face turns pale

Emma93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2009, 2:58 am

I'm afraid of getting in trouble. If someone starts yelling at me, my eyes start watering.

My sister called me a "stupid cow" once just to make fun of me in front of my friends. I knew it was a joke but my eyes started watering because i was kinda embarrassed and it sounded kinda mean.

I'm afraid of snakes, spiders and sharks.

Orangutangirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jun 2009, 3:22 am

Arachnaphobia, I can't stand being near spiders. I'm starting to get over it a bit...but they still make me shudder. Claustraphobia, but only mildly, I hate feeling trapped. I'm scared of crowds too, if I'm in a crowded place I start to panic. Not good. Having to knock on someones door, it sounds stupid, but I am honestly scared of it.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 3:50 am

emetophobia - fear of vomiting. Especially other people vomiting.

I also have slight phobias of moths and daddy-long legs, horrible things they are, uh.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 7:55 am

MONKEY wrote:

Me too. Well, used to. Then it sort of turned into a philla.

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2009, 7:56 am

I'm squeamish and well Big crowds scare me, surprised nobody mentioned that.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 2:32 pm

Quote:

I also have slight phobias of moths and daddy-long legs, horrible things they are, uh.

That is very interesting. I have those exact same fears! (plus 123 others...) Just out of curiosity, did something happen when you were young that could have caused your emetophobia because I was told it is often brought on by a childhood memory of yourself or someone else being severely ill. My mum has Menieres disease which makes her dizzy and sick and I'm sure this is where mine came from.

Some more of my phobias are germs, milk, contamination, bins, mouldy bread, chocolate, mushrooms, hospitals, canada geese, slugs, bird droppings, Furbies, Motorways and superbugs. I'm a real mess eh?

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2009, 5:05 pm

MONKEY wrote:

What I don't get is what do you do when you see someone vomit, what do you do? Do you vomit yourself or cry or...?

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 4:23 am

I (thankfully) have never seen someone else vomit, but if I hear that someone else is feeling/has been sick, I have a panic attack and become convinced that I am going to 'catch' something that will make me sick. Sometimes I run away from the situation. I get extremely distressed to the point that I even cut myself or scream. I don't know why this happens though.