Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

TrojanPower83
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2008, 3:59 am

Do you guys have mood swings? i just started on Celexa... had rapid cycling with Zoloft... but I'm worried my new Celexa is causing rapid cycling. I have spent more than I can afford, I've slept for an entire day two times... my mother is getting worried about me...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 4:32 am

I dunno...maybe your doctor, the one who Rxed the Celexa could advise? The only one I was on was Paxil. In retrospect, I think it made me too..manic, maybe? Rapid cycling? Like going from happy to sad in the blink of an eye? I don't think that happened.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2008, 4:36 am

TrojanPower83 wrote:
Do you guys have mood swings? i just started on Celexa... had rapid cycling with Zoloft... but I'm worried my new Celexa is causing rapid cycling. I have spent more than I can afford, I've slept for an entire day two times... my mother is getting worried about me...

Yeh I have "severe" mood swings. From extremely high moods to extremely low moods; and it alterates within minuts or hours... It's sometimes very destructive - because I am acting under those uncontrollable emotions and always do or say things that put me into trouble... I have been on lithium - but since I was toxicated I stopped taking it.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2008, 6:15 am

Have you tried any kind of exclusion diet?

I used to suffer from mood disorder, and pretty severe depression which became more and more permanent, and have found that completely excluding gluten, and partially casein, ( in dairy ), makes a huge difference.

Since first cutting them out, ( if sporadically, because it isn't easy to begin with ), several years ago, and generally eating more healthily in general, I have had no hypo-manic episodes, and less and less depression, until now, after a more than a year completely and consistently gluten free, I am happier and clearer and calmer than I have been since , well, childhood almost.

Last edited by ouinon on 27 Nov 2008, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenk
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2008, 6:32 am

GFCF + One omega oils capsule in morning... one 5-HTP in the evening, may solve the swings. Sleep is also essential. Exercise, Music, Camomile/Lavender oil in baths, burners and body. (Maintaining sleep need to work on.)

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2008, 11:11 am

ouinon wrote:
Have you tried any kind of exclusion diet?

I used to suffer from mood disorder, and pretty severe depression which became more and more permanent, and have found that completely excluding gluten, and partially casein, ( in dairy ), makes a huge difference.

Since first cutting them out, ( if sporadically, because it isn't easy to begin with ), several years ago, and generally eating more healthily in general, I have had no hypo-manic episodes, and less and less depression, until now, after a more than a year completely and consistently gluten free, I am happier and clearer and calmer than I have been since , well, childhood almost.

I was exactly the same.
I got very very ill, before being diagnosed as having Aspergers.
Part of problem was my diet and the many allergies that I had.
Once I cut out a lot of the foods that I was allergic too, my moods, amongst other things settled. :D
You will now find me pretty much in the same mood all of the time, unless I have a meltdown of course.

I would say it would be very worthwhile looking into your diet to see if you can make any changes that will help. :wink: :wink:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2008, 12:33 pm

if you dont have to take meds i wouldnt take them. unless your severly psycotic, or your ocd is extreme like were your not leaving your house and washing your hands 1,000 times a day or your constintley suicidal i would find other means to treat your mentality

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2008, 12:57 pm

Psychotic mood breakes?