Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 1:03 am

I'm self-diagnosed with Asperger's and that study seems quite interesting; perhaps I really have NLVD.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 1:08 am

As of now:

Verbal is around 75
Performance is around 130

It has been a lot higher for both (6 to 11), and it has also been a lot lower for both (13-17).

The more "autistic" I am (which is mediated by the environment, but also unknown factors), the lower my scores. The year I got into the gifted program in primary school (grade 5), I was a little genius.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:52 am

timeisdead wrote:
As the average is 139, your performance IQ would be 127. That means you are very adept at visual spacial cognition. What field were you planning to enter? I can't see how that can be a hinderance in the real world. Consider yourself fortunate to be gifted at both.

It doesn't actually work that way- you don't just average the two to get the overall. You have to look it up on a chart. For instance, I have a large VIQ-PIQ gap as well, and my overall IQ is closer to my VIQ by 7 points (so it is 3.5 points above what it would be if it were just the average).

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 12:37 pm

My verbal IQ is somewhat lower than performance IQ. Not much, the profile's very even.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 5:31 pm

My visual-spatial abilities are more advanced than my verbal. I score highest in tests of spatial ability. It is odd because, in general, good spatial ability is a male trait.