Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 1:51 am

each of my clones are unique

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 2:09 am

richardbenson wrote:
being unique will get you no where in life, much like a rare comic book you'll just sit on the shelf collecting dust

that comic will make tons of monies at auction.

uniqueness is appealing to some.

Davros7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2008, 6:44 am

Social groups of animals usually reject 'different' individuals as a necessary part of the evolution process.
As human 'animals' each member of the clan had to 'contribute' something to the good of the clan - otherwise
they ultimately would not survive and pass on their genes.

As people with AS must always have existed then it seems logical to to me that their positive contributions to the group must
have far outweighed any suspicions over their oddness.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:54 am

I see that everyone is unique.

For "us", I see that we're unique outliers, which means we're distant from the rest of the unique beings. Even using the overly inflated 1 in 150 for ASDs, that means that we're still statistical anomalies.

My mother has a very rare neurological condition; 1 in 200,000 or so. That's insane, really.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 7:05 am

You're one in a million...

No

Make that one in 6.6 billion...

(That's technically in American and SI billions)

millie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 5:49 pm

three cheers josh. good attitude. 8O

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 5:55 pm

I like being the unique person that I am. 8)

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 5:55 pm

You mean, "We're each unique". "We're unique" is a non sequitur!

Cue Knee. That's what it sounds like if you say it over and over real fast.

We're Cue Knees!

Last edited by ephemerella on 28 Nov 2008, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 5:58 pm

Joshandspot wrote:
Come on People, we're unique

Just like everyone else.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:07 pm

I agree, but everybody's unique, like said. We all have our advantages and disadvantages. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:13 pm

I agree with you Josh. I am proud to be me, and I'm fiercely loyal to myself. :P Ok ok maybe that's a touch on the arrogant side but I am a tiny bit narcissistic, but only to myself. I don't use it to hurt others, just to love myself.

Every once in a while I will experience a slight lack of self esteem, which makes me cringe somewhat... but I bounce back very quickly.

I am a 19 year old aspie with brilliant strengths and troubling traits that may not be strong... but I won't call them weak. I don't really want to think of myself as having weaknesses... however I will accept that they are debilitating.
I mean - what's weak to one person may not be perceived as weak to someone else, likewise with strength.

It's no one's business to pick out character flaws of aspies really except for the aspie him/herself, for a trait someone might be a bit critical of that I portray I may not agree with what they have to say on the matter.

This kind of feeling can be a bit lonesome... I'm struggling to write down something cohesive for some reason... I think it's 'cause my creativity sways to extremes sometimes... or something along those lines, or maybe it's all part of my AS - sometimes incredibly articulate, other times not really.

Sometimes I need to remember that, as a young man, it's no crime to have a few loop holes in my knowledge and experience in life...

Consider this - just 'cause something might be unpopular, does it make it wrong? Just 'cause something may only attract a few people's attention, does it make it any less valid than more mainstream things?

I am what I am.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:18 pm

Joshandspot wrote:
I know theres a whole arguement about whether or not people are proud to have as and whether or not they would want to get rid of it but when it comes down to it...come on people we're unique. Yea it's frustrating as hell that NO one gets us at times but think about when they finally do, how relieving that is and besides do we all really want to be clones of one another, or do we want to offer something unique to the world....I SAY UNIQUE. To all the AS, lets show them what we're made of

I agree! We are not robots all programmed to be the same, we are individuals, and I for one am very proud to be Aspie :)