Do you guys know of any good dating sites?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2008, 4:30 pm

Hello, Autistic Malcontent here once again.

I've been single 22 years of my life now, and I've had enough of waiting. I could wait for eternity and nothing would come my way, so I decided it was best to use my best strength to succeed romantically, via online dating services. "Online dating services" is not synonymous with "online dating", one deals with finding local people to date in your area, the other deals with people who seek romance via cyberly and talking with people they'll usually never meet.

Online, I am much more articulate and sophisticated in speech than I am in real life (mind you, I do pretty well in real life as well, but online I have the full power of charm and cleverness with my words :wink: ). Therefore chatting online is a breeze, however finding a suitable match is a different matter altogether. That is where I need a good dating site to find and join to possible find romance. I already have joined one dating site for 3 months at a good price, but I have no luck there. Therefore, I need suggestions of good dating sites. To get minds thinking, here are some dating site:

Eharmony.com

Match.com

OkCupid.com

Singlesnet.com

Yahoo! Personals

etc.

Dating sites that cost money are no problem for me. However don't suggest Plentyoffish.com, it is one of the worst dating sites I have encountered yet.

If you have ever used these sites, tell me if they were good and if they worked for you. Thanks!

-Autistic Malcontent

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2008, 10:04 am

I used OKCupid and Yahoo Personals.
I tried Yahoo Personals twice, but it didn't work out too well because you have to pay to actually be able to talk to anyone unless someone who did pay messages you first with their contact information (which shouldn't be a problem for you as you said you don't mind paying).
Then I switched to OKCupid, and started talking to an awesome guy the very first day I was on there and met him in person that weekend. We've been together for about 8 months now, and I can honestly say he's the only person I've ever truly been in love with.

I don't know why people still have hang-ups about using dating sites. At least with dating sites, you can kind of know what a person is like before you even waste time talking to them, and then get to know them over AIM or something before you ever have to see them face to face. If you just start talking to someone in real life, you have no idea what they are like or if they have anything in common with them.

Good luck in your search. :)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 10:33 am

try gay dating services :P

You will be humping in no time :eew:

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 1:06 pm

eHarmony: Never tried. I'm a little too out there, and non-christian, so it was a moot point.

Match: Well... I did have some dates. Friends had luck with it. Those I met there were either a little too... average, perhaps, for what I was searching for, or just a little tame in general. Decent, doesn't have that full-on meat market feel.

OkCupid: A lot of fun. Have made some good connections on there over the years... brilliant artist from Mexico, naturopath in Canada, English major on the east coast - and my fiance and I were both on there, although we'd known each other long before we signed on there.

Singlesnet: Never used.

Yahoo!: Blech. Bad interface, bad search, and felt a little desperate.

Chemistry: Corporate, staid, not something that works for me.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

mystyc
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2008, 4:07 am

LePetitPrince wrote:

blah, I wish!

PhillipJFry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2008, 5:37 am

Why don't you try Plenty of fish?

That dating site is free!

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2008, 6:32 am

OKcupid is free and has led to me meeting two women in person so far. I have a third one tomorrow to add to the list. The second woman I dated from the site is the one I lost my virginity to. I had a good 1-3/4 month run with her; my record so far. I was the one who ended up breaking it off though, it wasn't going to work beyond a physical relationship. I'd recommend it for a try at least.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2008, 12:46 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Thanks a lot!, jackass :P