Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 1:47 am

Sophist wrote:
:D :D :D I offer you smiles instead :D :D :D

But just to let you know, I always post in size 15, no matter the subject. I just like big letters.

And there is a difference between just bluntness and a personal attack. Personal attacks aren't allowed on WP. The lady, I assume you're referring to, is nirrti. I brought up the subject in the mods forum so you know. After I'd read your response to her.

Attacks are against the TOS. Thankfully for me, pedantry currently is not. ;)

I've been accused of attacking you, Sophist. I think the correct terminolgy is "personal attack". I reacted to a perceived "attack" from you, in that your response to me was patronising, in size 15 font, and (as I've pointed out) factually incorrect. Many males with AS would have reacted, similarly, I think. Though I accept, now, you didn't mean it as such.

If you people stick moderator after your name, you should expect some criticism, if it's due. It goes with the job. Especially when we all know most of you get promoted through a system of favouritism, and can't apply rules here fairly or consistently.

If you ban me, there'll be someone else along to question you lot after. A good thing, too.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 2:08 am

ascan wrote:
I've been accused of attacking you, Sophist. I think the correct terminolgy is "I like doo-doo."

If you ban me, there'll be someone else along to question you lot after. A good thing, too.

So much hatred! How I deplore that this topic I have started has turned into a heated exchange between ascan, Sophist, and others.

Ascan, just say the voices inside your head made you tell Sophist to go to hell and be done with it.

Sophist, ignore ascan for a while. Breathe easier.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 4:59 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Ascan, just say the voices inside your head made you tell Sophist to go to hell and be done with it.

They come from the cupboard under the stairs, actually, Neanthumain. Please get your facts straight.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 1:04 pm

I'm sure attacks on mods comes with the territory. But that still doesn't give you free reign to attack, ascan, nor to make excuses for your actions afterwards. Your attack on nirrti was unprovoked.

And prior, I wasn't factually incorrect. (Dammit, stupid perfectionism.) But point of fact, technically, nor were you. But as I said, psychiatrists are the ones to deal with psychoses and more specifically schizophrenics. Not psychologists. Though a psychologist can diagnose them, too. But most of the time, they don't run across them in the line of work.

And again, I always type in size 15 font. This is my normal way of typing on WP. It is not yelling if I always do it.

*goes to breathe as Neant has recommended*

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 6:59 pm

Morlock wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I only have one voice besides my own inside my head, he hasn't popped up in a while. Basically, I was so deep in depression and resentment of everything, my darker urges manifested themsleves into an alternate personality inside my head. Simply put, the darker side of my personality had a voice of it's own. It left with my depression, I was really really depressed.

How... dark was this alternate persona? what were its desires, its motivations? what did it accomplish through your physical instrumentality?

Oops. Just went over my response, I never really answered the question. Hmm...where to begin? OCD plays a lot into it. Look up Pure Obsessive to get a clearer idea of what I mean. To put it simply, my mind well think things I don't want it to think every now and then. I think things that I can't do or say out loud becasue of how terrible they are. The voice in my head wanted to make these things possible. I would think something bad, and the voice wanted me to do it. It was an audible version of OCD, it was talking to me. I sort of just now realized that, but it makes sense. I'd go deeper, but this isn't the Mature section.

Knight-Errant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2005, 7:12 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Morlock wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I only have one voice besides my own inside my head, he hasn't popped up in a while. Basically, I was so deep in depression and resentment of everything, my darker urges manifested themsleves into an alternate personality inside my head. Simply put, the darker side of my personality had a voice of it's own. It left with my depression, I was really really depressed.

How... dark was this alternate persona? what were its desires, its motivations? what did it accomplish through your physical instrumentality?

Oops. Just went over my response, I never really answered the question. Hmm...where to begin? OCD plays a lot into it. Look up Pure Obsessive to get a clearer idea of what I mean. To put it simply, my mind well think things I don't want it to think every now and then. I think things that I can't do or say out loud becasue of how terrible they are. The voice in my head wanted to make these things possible. I would think something bad, and the voice wanted me to do it. It was an audible version of OCD, it was talking to me. I sort of just now realized that, but it makes sense. I'd go deeper, but this isn't the Mature section.

Well I don't hear voices in an auditory way, but I often think thoughts I don't want to think in an OCD kinda way.

I sometimes experience thoughts which come in sentence-like structures when going to sleep.
I would call those almost-auditory, but not really. More like imagination.
They seem to say fairly random things, but who knows, maybe there's a structure there.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 4:19 pm

"Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't good."
From Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 1:21 am

Quote:
I just like big letters.

not me.
they are usually from yet another blackmailer.

Apparantly i keep getting caught on video doing something naughty.

Inside is usually a copy of my sinful act caught on tape and a demand for money to keep it quiet.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 1:30 am

Sophist said, ^
^

Quote:
I just like big letters. ^
above^

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 7:03 pm

I don't like caps. :P I like big letters. But normal. :P

And the next time I wanna blackmail you, I'll be sure not to put them in caps. Muahahahahahaha... erm.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/