I HATE ENGLISH. I HATE ENGLISH. HATE IT HATE IT HATE ITPPPPP

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 6:58 pm

College tries to overwhelm you, by giving you more than you can (or think you can) handle at once - like having to study for more than one exam at the same time. Its part of what makes you valuable to employers once you've finished your degree, because finishing your degree proves that you can deal with stressful situations, handle more than one problem at a time, etc. In many jobs, they don't even care what subject your degree is in, as long as you've earned one. For that matter, you can be a complete self-taught expert in whatever field you want a job in - if you don't have a degree, you might not get your foot in your door because you haven't demonstrated that you can handle these things.

Another thing too, colleges make you take a wide variety of courses (general eductation) because inevitably, you're going to encounter subjects that you don't like, aren't particularly adept at, etc. Getting your degree shows that you can persevere through these issues as well.

So the point of this post is to simply show you that although it seems tough, and it probably is, what you've got to do is to stop lamenting the difficulty or however hopeless it seems, suck it up, and get busy on it. Figure out how much time you have left, divide it up, read as much of each of those 6 books as you can. You may not make it through all of them, you may not study for the math test as much as you want, but you'll probably do better between the two tests than you will if you spend all your time lamenting your situation or being despondent about it. Good luck!

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 7:03 pm

I just want to tell you that you are not alone. Everyone who has finished college has experienced something like what you're feeling right now. I mean, at my school, there was no designated period for mid term exams, but I once had 6 in the space of three days. I realized this about two weeks beforehand, and pretty much got very minimal sleep for those next two weeks. But it can be done. You can do it too. Believe in yourself and you will.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 9:19 am

How about not using caps to type, that's useful to English typing people :P

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 9:32 am

^ This thread is 10 years old....

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 8:42 pm

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Thread
Happy Birthday to you!

:jester: :clown: :cheers: :cheers: :king: :queen: :joker: :jocolor: :colors: :dj: :bounce: :salut: :wtg:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 8:45 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Thread
Happy Birthday to you!

:jester: :clown: :cheers: :cheers: :king: :queen: :joker: :jocolor: :colors: :dj: :bounce: :salut: :wtg:

Not until December 4th.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2018, 7:14 am

:lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 11:46 am

This thread is like 10 years old. I'm sure the OP has passed their exam by now and has gotten over their tantrum.