I HATE ENGLISH. I HATE ENGLISH. HATE IT HATE IT HATE ITPPPPP

Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Nov 2008
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,880
Location: Barrington, Illinois

03 Dec 2008, 6:07 pm

I hate English too. Not because I don't get it, but because I have incredible linguistic skills for my age, and I feel that besides knowing how to write a paper, that's all I need. Reading and comprehending stupid novels is useless to me.



Brook-lynn20
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 304

03 Dec 2008, 6:08 pm

I wish I had an exam like English. It's be so much easier. I have to live with it though and just them all over with :/.



protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Age: 180
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,053

03 Dec 2008, 6:14 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
jus4u76, you shouldn't post more than one thread with the same topic. If you don't get any replies, that means no one has anything to say. Posting it again is not going to help its just going to make people angry.
How could anyone here get mad at an aspie for being annoying?



Callista
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,395
Location: Ohio, USA

03 Dec 2008, 6:32 pm

Eh... I got mad at a guy for having squeaky shoes once. We're easily annoyed sometimes.


_________________
Reports from a Resident Alien:
http://chaoticidealism.livejournal.com

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com


ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2007
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,336

03 Dec 2008, 6:50 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
I HATE ENGLISH. I HATE ENGLISH..


This is not a surprise.

The fact that you are failing, if that is indeed true, is also not a surprise. The last thing you need to do in finals week is spam on a message board every day and night.

If you aren't a troll and have a lot of psychiatric problems, you need to stop spending your time here.



brankmonkey1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 99

03 Dec 2008, 7:25 pm

I always hated english because i always struggled at it even if i tried hard but always struggled at it :( :( :( but i like math


_________________
Never underestimate an autistic person you will get fooled if you do

http://myspace.com/eskimosweetness.com


ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2007
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,336

03 Dec 2008, 7:48 pm

You may want to go get a second opinion about your doctor's diagnosis. Your sensory disruptions, communications disorder and other issues may not be Asperger Syndrome, but Schizophrenia.


"DISORGANIZED SCHIZOPHRENIA"

Disorganized schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV code 295.10[1]. This type is characterized by prominent disorganized behavior and speech (see formal thought disorder) including word salad, and flat or inappropriate emotion and affect.

Wikipedia, Disorganized Schizophrenia

"COGNITIVE SLIPPAGE"

Cognitive slippage is a symptom of several psychiatric diseases and mental disorders associated with cognition and formal thought disorders. It is manifested in patterns of speech, where categories and lists become overly broad as concepts unrelated at first glance become related through tangential connections. An example of cognitive slippage might be as follows: "List some types of cars. Let's see, there's Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Japan, Rising Sun, Hiroshima, Atomic Bomb, Enola Gay, oh and Miata." (Schutz, 2006)

The inclusion of extraneous items in the listing is evidence of the cognitive slippage. While the concepts such as Toyota, Japan, Rising Sun, etc. are all related, the relation is no longer defined by the initial prompt. The cognitive slippage, however, causes the inability to disregard these extraneous connections and results in patterns of speech and association as seen here. In contrast, another disorder of speech, word salad is even more disorganized than the loose associations of cognitive slippage. Cognitive slippage is one of the positive symptoms of schizophrenia, a psychiatric illness that affects every aspect of a patient's life.

Wikipedia, Cognitive Slippage

"THOUGHT DISORDER"

In psychiatry, thought disorder or formal thought disorder is a term used to describe a pattern of disordered language use that is presumed to reflect disordered thinking. It is usually considered a symptom of psychotic mental illness, although it occasionally appears in other conditions.

It describes a persistent underlying disturbance to conscious thought and is classified largely by its effects on speech and writing. Affected persons may show pressure of speech (speaking incessantly and quickly), derailment or flight of ideas (switching topic mid-sentence or inappropriately), thought blocking, rhyming, punning, or 'word salad' when individual words may be intact but speech is incoherent.

Eugen Bleuler, who named schizophrenia, held that its defining characteristic was a disorder of the thinking process.[1] However, the delusions and hallucinations of psychosis could also be considered as disorders of thought, but that the term formal thought disorder applies specifically to the presumed disruption in the flow of conscious verbal thought that is inferred from spoken language. This is typically what is referred to when the strictly less accurate, more commonly used but abbreviated term, 'thought disorder', is used.

Wikipedia, Thought Disorder



jus4u76
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 291
Location: where i am

03 Dec 2008, 8:21 pm

ephemerella wrote:
You may want to go get a second opinion about your doctor's diagnosis. Your sensory disruptions, communications disorder and other issues may not be Asperger Syndrome, but Schizophrenia.


"DISORGANIZED SCHIZOPHRENIA"

Disorganized schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV code 295.10[1]. This type is characterized by prominent disorganized behavior and speech (see formal thought disorder) including word salad, and flat or inappropriate emotion and affect.

Wikipedia, Disorganized Schizophrenia

"COGNITIVE SLIPPAGE"

Cognitive slippage is a symptom of several psychiatric diseases and mental disorders associated with cognition and formal thought disorders. It is manifested in patterns of speech, where categories and lists become overly broad as concepts unrelated at first glance become related through tangential connections. An example of cognitive slippage might be as follows: "List some types of cars. Let's see, there's Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Japan, Rising Sun, Hiroshima, Atomic Bomb, Enola Gay, oh and Miata." (Schutz, 2006)

The inclusion of extraneous items in the listing is evidence of the cognitive slippage. While the concepts such as Toyota, Japan, Rising Sun, etc. are all related, the relation is no longer defined by the initial prompt. The cognitive slippage, however, causes the inability to disregard these extraneous connections and results in patterns of speech and association as seen here. In contrast, another disorder of speech, word salad is even more disorganized than the loose associations of cognitive slippage. Cognitive slippage is one of the positive symptoms of schizophrenia, a psychiatric illness that affects every aspect of a patient's life.

Wikipedia, Cognitive Slippage

"THOUGHT DISORDER"

In psychiatry, thought disorder or formal thought disorder is a term used to describe a pattern of disordered language use that is presumed to reflect disordered thinking. It is usually considered a symptom of psychotic mental illness, although it occasionally appears in other conditions.

It describes a persistent underlying disturbance to conscious thought and is classified largely by its effects on speech and writing. Affected persons may show pressure of speech (speaking incessantly and quickly), derailment or flight of ideas (switching topic mid-sentence or inappropriately), thought blocking, rhyming, punning, or 'word salad' when individual words may be intact but speech is incoherent.

Eugen Bleuler, who named schizophrenia, held that its defining characteristic was a disorder of the thinking process.[1] However, the delusions and hallucinations of psychosis could also be considered as disorders of thought, but that the term formal thought disorder applies specifically to the presumed disruption in the flow of conscious verbal thought that is inferred from spoken language. This is typically what is referred to when the strictly less accurate, more commonly used but abbreviated term, 'thought disorder', is used.

Wikipedia, Thought Disorder


you think i might have schizophrenia?



jus4u76
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 291
Location: where i am

03 Dec 2008, 8:23 pm

i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?



ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2007
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,336

03 Dec 2008, 8:25 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?


I don't think you need to worry too much about finishing your college degree. Especially if you can't answer that question yourself.



Last edited by ephemerella on 03 Dec 2008, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,367
Location: X

03 Dec 2008, 8:26 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?


Are you like a like cheerleader and junk and some junk?


_________________
X


Exile
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2008
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 265

03 Dec 2008, 8:27 pm

I don't want to encourage the easy-way-out, but 6 books in one night. Ouch. Good luck.

Try wiki-ing every one of them. You can get an effective plot synopsis and very likely some cursory philosophical points of each work that way. You better work fast though. Good luck.



jus4u76
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 291
Location: where i am

03 Dec 2008, 8:27 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?


Are you like a like cheerleader and junk and some junk?


what does that mean? i don't like to read books and i didn't have time at first because of ocd.



jus4u76
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 291
Location: where i am

03 Dec 2008, 8:28 pm

Exile wrote:
I don't want to encourage the easy-way-out, but 6 books in one night. Ouch. Good luck.

Try wiki-ing every one of them. You can get an effective plot synopsis and very likely some cursory philosophical points of each work that way. You better work fast though. Good luck.


im planning to study for only 3 hours reading the reviews and im going to study math for more than this probably.



history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,367
Location: X

03 Dec 2008, 8:30 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
history_of_psychiatry wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?


Are you like a like cheerleader and junk and some junk?


what does that mean? i don't like to read books and i didn't have time at first because of ocd.


I mean like are you like a cheerleader and like do you like go to the mall like all the time and like stuff.


_________________
X