Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 12:29 pm

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you died and when you wake up you are relieved to be alive?

I don't know how common or uncommon it is.

I thought I died in a plane crash last night.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 12:33 pm

Yes i do. They are horrible. I wake up and it feels like i am dieing. At first i cant move and then i cant breathe and i am yelling out help cause i can hear the voices around me but no one is there. Its like a panic attack. I even called the police and not so long ago
it was like these people came or person came into my house and i was astral travelling they took me away to there place and soem of my clothes was taken off and when i came back i woke up and i still had my jeans on.
Sometimes i have got so scared i have to sleep over at my sisters with her and then she says all night i was sratching my hands and arms and i would wake up and i would be really scared and she goes its only me.
I was diagnosed with PTSD but i honestly think its more because i am very sensitive and can get scared easy.
It so horrible them death dreams though. Physically i really feel like i am going to die.

Last edited by Samara on 05 Dec 2008, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 12:33 pm

Have died in my dreams, many times, many ways. Most recently, I killed myself in a dream - was mid/late 1800's, American West - and experienced a long sense of death. I was shocked when I woke up; relieved isn't the right word for me. Surprise is more accurate... in that last dream, it seemed as though ages had passed, so waking up was actually a little traumatic.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 12:42 pm

somethimes it happens lol i usually wake up right one sec before dieing :P

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2008, 12:50 pm

Can't remember, that I ever died, but had dreams where I was severely hurt, losing all my teeth or getting other damage. Was very happy, when I woke up and everything was ok.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 12:53 pm

I think it the worst thing ever. I wake screaming. It has come back this year. Not as bad it before i went to prison and in prison i couldnt stand being locked in my cell at night. There something evil in my room and i would hear voices and these keys rattling every night outside my door and would say 'help' and no one would answer so i call the emergency cell button and she would say 'you are alright, no one is there' and she was right. No prison officers was at the womens at night when everyone got locked up, they was at the mens and every night i would hear keys rattle and all the voices. How freaky is that.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 1:02 pm

If dream death is imminent, I wake up. The most relief comes from waking up after extended dreams of terminal illness.

Last night I dreamt someone was trying to kill me. She was a nurse and I (in the dream) woke to find myself in a clinic room, not knowing how I arrived there. The nurse was trying to administer injections and being really disturbing (emotionally abusive), so I stumbled to the door and escaped, overcome with relief.

05 Dec 2008, 3:27 pm

I always wake up when I fall down to my death, like the time I fell into the river.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 3:49 pm

outlier wrote:
If dream death is imminent, I wake up. The most relief comes from waking up after extended dreams of terminal illness.

Last night I dreamt someone was trying to kill me. She was a nurse and I (in the dream) woke to find myself in a clinic room, not knowing how I arrived there. The nurse was trying to administer injections and being really disturbing (emotionally abusive), so I stumbled to the door and escaped, overcome with relief.

I always wake up, too. Sometimes I have to really force myself awake. My "dying" dreams are almost always about drowning or falling (or one of my kids falling).

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:00 pm

If I dream I die, and don't wake, I immediately become lucid just because the idea of dying in a dream is a BIG reality check. Depending on whether I'm scared or not, I may willingly wake myself up, or just play around with the dream like I usually do when I figure out I'm dreaming.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:02 pm

I was on my way to a killing station during a holocaust once and then I woke up relieved to be alive. I've also had many other dreams where I woke up relieved to be alive.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:11 pm

Yeah. I've been through the Holocaust thing, too. I think it ranks among the worst I've ever had, more for the feeling of helplessness than the actual death.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2008, 4:15 pm

i've come CLOSE to dying in a dream...

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:53 pm

Although deaths have occured in my dreams, I'm not sure if I've a died in them. Although I think I've had those dream experiences where something bad happened to me.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:46 pm

I've had many dreams like that. I've dreamed that I've fallen off buildings and cliffs and died, and I've managed to wake up, alive.

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2008, 5:49 pm

Ive also had dreams where Ive been close to dying, either in some kind of crash or by being chased by someone with a knife or a gun, all very very scary and leaving me glad to have woken up. I used to have regular nitemares like these, but thankfully they have become less and less over the years since my diagnosis, which I am thankfull for.