I hardly notice what's being written....

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 1:51 pm

I am watching t.v and a promo for a particular movie or sports event comes on. From the visuals I get the idea of whats trying to be put across to me, however I become so entranced with the visuals that I hardly ever notice the transmission times which follow.

Same thing when I look at billboards. If there is a picture I tend to overlook the the writing. I tend to always look at images intead of the writing, and it seems as if I cant take both in at the same time. Same with tv ads where I never seem to get the details of what was advertised (ie the price or interest or conditions of sale)

Does this seem vaguely familiar?.................

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:14 pm

Yeah totally. Multitasking is not one of my strengths. Neither is being observant lol.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:36 pm

Is it a multitasking thing???? I thought maybe it was that 'not being able to grasp the big picture'..................

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:37 pm

I think multitasking and being unable to grasp the big picture are related. Think about it. Focusing on one detail is an inability to multitask - seeing all the details at the same time is multitasking.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:40 pm

Yeah, I suppose that kinda makes sense. thanx for the input :D

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:59 pm

I'm not too sure if it's like me. If I saw a picture I would not know what the writing says unless I look at it. But looking at the writing, I can still kinda look at the picture. :?

SpongeBobRocksMao!

neshamaruach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 4:16 pm

I have the opposite problem. I get hooked on the writing and can't remember the visual images. I'm a print freak.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 6:09 pm

Yeah, I do that, too. It's like I have tunnel vision on all the time, and I'm only able to pay attention to one detail at a time. This is a big, big reason that I hate driving. Too much for my brain to soak in at any given time, and such a huge risk if I miss something important, like another car merging in front of me, ect....

I also feel annoyed at those animated banners that are always popping up on the tv to advertise what's on next. I find it really distracting.