Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:42 pm

Possibly. People have always called me "Scrooge" around the Christmas season because I want to lock myself in my bedroom when guests comeover, don't want to go to people's houses for dinner and am general antsy and agitated. If Christmas ghosts came to me and showed me visions I'd probably just shrug my shoulders and say, "So?" Seeing how Scrooge had empathy for the people in the visions and cared about them, probably not.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 11:56 am

^I can definitely relate.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 1:40 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Possibly. People have always called me "Scrooge" around the Christmas season because I want to lock myself in my bedroom when guests comeover, don't want to go to people's houses for dinner and am general antsy and agitated. If Christmas ghosts came to me and showed me visions I'd probably just shrug my shoulders and say, "So?" Seeing how Scrooge had empathy for the people in the visions and cared about them, probably not.

Again, being cranky and not liking the company of other people =! Asperger's.

I find this discussion especially ridiculous because I am actually in A Christmas Carol, and one of my roles is Young Boy Scrooge. He did not have Asperger's, unless I missed a scene where he could not pick up on social cues and was fixated on one topic.

You guys are stretching the definition of AS to include pretty much every single fuck-the-poor businessperson and economist of the Victorian era, along with anybody that subscribes to Objectivism.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 10:32 pm

Scrooged!

Now there's a good rendition of A Christmas Carol! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_xRPs2QqI[/youtube]