Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 10:15 pm

Does anyone do any outdoor grilling? If so do you have any marinde ides?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 10:22 pm

Grillmaster Fnord here!

Marinades? Stay away from salt, as it tends to toughen the meat. Use an acidic marinade, such as balsamic vinegar, garlic, and a teaspoon of sugar. Otherwise, I've found ordinary salad dressings to work admirably. Use the ones you can see through (Italian, Catalina, Oil & Vinegar), rather than the creamy style (Thousand Island, Ranch, et cetera). I've even used the juice from a jar of sweet pickles!

Cheap beer also works very well for beef or pork. Use white wine for chicken.

Lemon juice for fish.

Marinate for a minimum of one hour in the fridge - over night is best.

Otherwise, low heat and slow cooking is best.

Finally, NEVER USE LEFT-OVER MARINADE FOR A "DIPPING" SAUCE OR RETURN THE COOKED MEAT TO THE MARINADE!! ! Either use it all up at once, or throw out any leftover marinade to eliminate food poisoning.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 10:39 pm

preludeman wrote:
Does anyone do any outdoor grilling? If so do you have any marinde ides?

I've tried a ton of fancy marinades, I always come back to the easy one because I like it the best.

Mix up some Good Season's salad dressing, plop the steak, chicken, or pork chops in a container and let them marinde in it overnight or for a few hours before grilling.

I marinate Delmonico steaks in this, and then season both sides with garlic powder (no salt) & pepper while grilling.

I so wish it wasn't 16 degrees out, indoor grilling just doesn't cut it and I'm not THAT cold hardy. :lol: