Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 2:33 pm

http://www.aspieweb.net/phoning-facebook-about-autism-hate-group/

"As some of you have read there is a facebook group out that can be summed up as an aspergers hate group. After myself and many others have reported this group to facebook abuse and recieved no response or seen any action I decided it was time to give them a phone call. Read more to hear the call…

After many people reported this clear group of of people who are attacking people with Aspergers Syndrome a form of Autism through the a group called ‘Protection Force from Autism’ I decided to give facebook headquarters a call about this group. The video includes the audio and transcript of the call."

Quoted from http://www.aspieweb.net/phoning-faceboo ... ate-group/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmILRCMOzE&eurl=http://www.aspieweb.net/phoning-facebook-about-autism-hate-group/[/youtube]

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2008, 2:52 pm

I looked up the group, and it seriously made me sick. I reported it to facebook with this message:

"This group is highly offensive. Regardless of how much the owner tries to defend their twisted views, it is very hateful towards autistics and anyone on the spectrum, and 100% false. Can you please have this group removed immediately?"

I say everyone who reads this should report the group asap, so that their abuse box will be flooded, and they cannot ignore this crap anymore!

shugo974
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2008, 4:47 pm

WHAT THE HELL???? WHy would somebody make a facebook group like that?????????? There is a site that that facebook and new york state had made to see if facebook is doing a good job at there abuse form. http://www.krollisse.com/

Alexje
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Dec 2008, 5:12 pm

I couldn't view the actual facebook account but I did read the article "Protection Force… from Autism?" and I saw the logo. It's just for the lulz, right? Why wine about it? I bet they're just loving all the attention they're getting from people crying out about how offensive it is.

dfgh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2008, 5:27 pm

I managed to find the facebook grouo - I wish I hadn't, i find it so upsetting that someone would make such a hateful group like that. Needless to say I filed a complaint and hope that facebook response to it. If the group had so much hate aginst any other group it would been taken down by now. Saying that I reported a video making fun of an Autistic person on youtube and they took it down so there's hope.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 6:49 am

Ugh, don't you just HATE those electronic phone machines... press 1 to get through to some department you JUST DON'T NEED TO SPEAK TO!! ! Press 2 to get a bunch of other options, Press 3 to make a complaint

*beep*

You pressed 3. 'Welcome to the complaints department, we are all out having a party right now and can't answer your call. If you e-mail our complaints service for the 100th time, we might consider addressing your concerns...'

GRR GRR GRRRRRRRR!! ! :wall:

That_Other_Guy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2008, 11:32 am

Alexje wrote:
I couldn't view the actual facebook account but I did read the article "Protection Force… from Autism?" and I saw the logo. It's just for the lulz, right? Why wine about it? I bet they're just loving all the attention they're getting from people crying out about how offensive it is.

Yeah, I have my suspicions about it being a troll group. But some of those Something Awful posters actually believe some of that s**t.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 12:23 pm

I don't really know what can be done. Clearly Facebook doesn't care, and this person who owns the hate group is using their lack of concern to their full advantage. I'm amazed with the patience the caller had with the operator, I would've said "Can I speak to your supervisor" at the first instance of "Well that's all I can tell you..". I feel the only way to get anywhere with these flunkies, is talk to their superior.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 12:45 pm

I was going to contact the abuse team for Facebook, but seeing as my e-mail doesn't work, and that Facebook also is unable to use the same technology as various other websites, a web form. I sent a letter to the girl running the hate site. Here's what I said:

You really think equating the Autistic people you claim not to hate with a name, that conveys imagery of White Supremacy will accomplish something.

I am a woman with Asperger's Syndrome. That's right, women can have and do have Autism. Did that thought ever enter your head?

Imagine just for a moment if every instance on this website were replaced with the term Black. You will see that what you are saying is no different, than the prejudicial statements that were made by the Black people not so long ago.

You don't care about women either, if you are so unconcerned about how damaging this is to women on the Autism Spectrum. Pretending that only boys have Autism is not just misinforming people, it is showing your clear bias towards men in general. Just like your video where you keep bringing up that your child is female.

Men have a right to live in this world without being hated. Using psuedo-science to veil your male hatred in the somewhat more acceptable form of Autism hatred, is cowardly.

You claim your group doesn't encourage hatred of any kind, but what do you expect when you claim that people who are Autistic have such little empathy that they see a woman as no less of an object then a blender. At the very least prove your point, by taking down your perjorative and misleading image.

You seem to not understand the difference between Autism, and a sociopathic personality type. Perhaps you need to work on doing some research about that.

You can keep complaining that Autistics are claiming superiority, or that they see people as things. However, I see much more of what you claim to be personality faults in Autistics, in yourself. You have no sense of empathy towards people who are struggling just to exsist. You have no ability to see that Autistics are just like everyone else, and that this simply is a baseless attempt to pretend that everyone who is Autistic is the same. That's like saying everyone who is Mexican is the same and has the same point of view, or everyone who is White has the same point of view about things.

Please stop raping Autistics of their ability to live their lives.

Note that I used the term rape, cause she claims this all is her vendetta over being raped by a Autistic guy. So now I'm suggesting she's being no different than her rapist, by showing the same blind hatred and attempt to harm innocent people.

Cormac_doyle

09 Dec 2008, 1:08 pm

I also complained (see below) but I doubt they'll do anything :(

>>>

I would like to request that the facebook group “Protection Force for Young Females from Autism” (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 0379907381) be investigated for actively fostering an environment that can only be described as inciting hatred.

Although the group itself maintains a “closed membership”, their public description contains a large amount of offensive material, categorising young men who suffer from autism-spectrum disorders as being rapists.

This fostering of fear and hatred falls within the commonly accepted definitions of the term “Hate Group”, regardless of their statement that “This group does not encourage hatred of any kind” … in fact – it immediately dilutes that statement – “This group does not encourage hatred of any kind; it is only to give young women a complete picture and to help them” – a quick examination of the “information” they provide is a categorisation of autism as a person who is extremely aggressive and very likely to commit acts of sexual assault or rape.

I hope that you can find the time to acknowledge this email, and detail the steps which you will take to moderate or remove this group.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 1:31 pm

Well I'm sure eventually once the "real" hate groups start to appear on their site, they'll understand what happens when you run a network that's a free for all.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 1:38 pm

One of the girls from the site responded to me, here is what she says:

I only want girls to be aware of what some people with Autism do and to avoid them. There is no problem for you if girls simply avoid Autistic boys to avoid the chance of being raped. Yes, girls can be Autistic, but it is rare. I've spent hours going over text books about Autism. Here's an example; an Autistic boy asked to go to the water fountain, he saw a really pretty girl who was a rape victim, followed her into the bathroom and asked to kiss her. Do you know what happens to girls that have that happen? It happened to my friend, she relived the entire experience. I never said that Autistic people need to be killed; you make that up yourself. You're making up in your own head what I want. All I want is for girls to be aware of what Autistic boys can do. What is it to you if girls stay away from Autistic boys? They still live the same way they always did, there's no Autistic water fountains or bathrooms. Don't make up in your Autistic mind what I want; go with what I say I want. There is nothing wrong with spreading awareness.

This was my response to her:

Autistic boys do not rape. Can you get that through your head. Stop playing victim, and understand you are being the victimizer. That could have been any man, he just happened to be Autistic, so now you're making a crusade to go after each and every Autistic Spectrum male because of a single experience your friend had.

What is it to me, well Autistic boys despite what you may believe, do hold a capicity to care and love for others.

There is something wrong with spreading hate, hate is not awareness. Asking women to fear and hate Autistic men is campaigning for hate. It is no different than people who used to say Black men were rapists, and animals.

Alisscious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2008, 2:16 pm

Spread the truth. Make an autism love site. Talk about your personal awarenesses.

Remember, freedom of speech works for everyone. Complaining about them and trying to take their personal freedoms from then is not conducive to higher understanding.

This is America. Take advantage of the most brilliant aspects of its freedoms.

If you scream and yell back, how are you dissuading anyone from thinking anything on the Autism hate site is real?

Use your emotions to fuel your intelligence.

Take care everyone.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 3:29 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
Well I'm sure eventually once the "real" hate groups start to appear on their site, they'll understand what happens when you run a network that's a free for all.

And how would you know what is "real" and what isn't? You seem to know about a lot of things, wow I am amazed.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 5:11 pm

Quote:

Yeah, I have my suspicions about it being a troll group. But some of those Something Awful posters actually believe some of that sh**.

Speaking of SA, I know a guy who runs a site that's a lot like SA. He works for facebook. I'm not sure which department but...

That might be the sort of mentality we're up against. Maybe the people at facebook are just like those jackasses.

My abuse message:

This group was created to attack autistic people. If it wasn't, then why would there be so much damage control on the front page? It's a hate group whether they say so or not and the fact that hundreds of reports have been made in the last week and nothing has been done really worries me.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 7:13 pm

as*holes the whole lot of them. Looks like it's time to dust off that old black notebook...

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.