Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Exile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2008, 5:20 pm

It was a long time ago for me, and I never took that stuff too seriously. I was a small kid. Second smallest in my grade. Bad temper though, so never took anything laying down. Can remember being beaten to the ground repeatedly by boys twice my size. They laughed while doing it cuz it was so easy. This stopped in the early 70s, however.

I was tortured by the teachers though. Every single grade level. New teacher. Can recall standing up in hushed classrooms, all the other kids with terrified looks on their faces, me screaming at the teachers, telling them they were wrong. They were. I was in "trouble" a lot because of that. And yet . . .

The testing revealed that my percentile scores were considerably higher than anyone else for two grades either side of mine. I've still got the documents. Never thought much about this stuff until recently.

School is hell.

:roll:

neshamaruach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 5:27 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
neshamaruach wrote:
(I like your new avatar, by the way. Is it one of your designs?)

Yes, it is. It's a 4"x6" fabric postcard. I think I sent it somewhere to the Ukraine, but I'm not sure.

It's quite beautiful. I remember your stained-glass avatar as well. You seem to be quite talented. Perhaps you don't think you are because it's just you being you? Anyway, I enjoy seeing your art.