Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Dec 2005, 9:15 pm

gaiaonline.com

Go there if you are interested.

As for me though, I've had a tough time adjusting to this rather strange culture. I think the forums are riddled with stuff that's inappropriate, but I won't go into complete detail knowing there's kids out there. But a lot of the time on Gaia I simply could not understand what people were saying. I in response said Gaia was not meant to be this way, that people be sensible in their conversations and not talk too much about the "s" word (I mean that certain people interaction and not the other "s" word). Do I have a problem with this? No, but people should not talk about it so much because they sound like they actually want to do this "thing".

At anyrate I got bashed pretty badly. Someone told me to "GET OVER IT!" I just replied with a smirk ( :x ). But now I'm regarded as an enemy to those who support this "thing" that is going on. Is it just me, or are aspies afraid of this?

alayna
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2005, 9:24 pm

Which section of the forums there were you in? If you were in the chatterbox or general discussion that would explain the attitude towards what I think you are refering to. I find that Extended Discussion, or other forums that are more specific in their topics (i.e. Music, Art) are better places to talk about things other than that.

It is important to keep in mind that most people on Gaia are teenagers, so the level of intelligent discussion may not be as high as on other sites, and tends to vary even within its own forums.

As for what you believe is inappropriate content, Gaia rates itself PG-13, so things like swearing are allowed, but there are of course, certain limits. However, because you are being rather vague about what you found inappropriate, I can't tell if it's something that would be within the bounds of the TOS, in which case, I recommend trying some of the other forums, that I mentioned earlier in this post, or if it's something else that is actually against the TOS.

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jan 2006, 9:45 pm

alayna wrote:
Which section of the forums there were you in? If you were in the chatterbox or general discussion that would explain the attitude towards what I think you are refering to. I find that Extended Discussion, or other forums that are more specific in their topics (i.e. Music, Art) are better places to talk about things other than that.

It is important to keep in mind that most people on Gaia are teenagers, so the level of intelligent discussion may not be as high as on other sites, and tends to vary even within its own forums.

As for what you believe is inappropriate content, Gaia rates itself PG-13, so things like swearing are allowed, but there are of course, certain limits. However, because you are being rather vague about what you found inappropriate, I can't tell if it's something that would be within the bounds of the TOS, in which case, I recommend trying some of the other forums, that I mentioned earlier in this post, or if it's something else that is actually against the TOS.

True. It's mostly an NT site anyways..... :roll:

Well what I'm trying to say is that people are being rude and immature over there and I tried to go against it, but now I know why they act this way so it's something I shouldn't even bother with. :?