Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 11:27 am

Ugh, I've been having a really stressful morning. Here's what happened:

My dog was barking non-stop as usual, so I came downstairs to lock him in the laundry room for a while as I always do to shut him up. I did that and I heard one of my cats howling from inside the pantry. My mom must've accidentally locked him in there this morning so I opened the door back up for him. But when I opened it, I saw he was about to take a crap in the pantry and I could hear the sounds coming from his butt. Panicking, I started screaming and bolted up to my room, where I started hyperventilating for about ten minutes just from the thought that it may now be there, or somewhere else in the house. It'd also be sitting there all day and that's another totally gross factor. (I'd probably get sick cleaning it- not exaggerating- and my mom won't be home until much later.). I've been having headaches ever since, too. So would all of this be considered an OCD attack? Thanks.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 11:38 am

Nope, probably panic attack instead

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Dec 2008, 11:56 am

Keith wrote:
Nope, probably panic attack instead

Keith is right. That sounds like a panic attack which is usually caused by anxiety. If the anxiety came from an obsession or an irrational fear that you couldn't get rid of, I'd say OCD caused the panic attack.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 6:06 pm

Yeah, that's probably what happened. Thanks, guys!