Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2008, 1:28 pm

This girl I study with for my neuroscience course asks me for my number in order to contact me so we can study together later this week, but for the last two months or so, we've been able to setup times to meet just fine using email. So, in a sort of knee-jerk reaction, I jokingly say "how am I supposed to trust you with that" (I know her pretty well, but man, what the hell was I thinking) and tell her that it's unnecessary. She looked kind of confused at first and then laughed about it (well, what else can you do, my response was weird as hell for such a question) and said that it's probably better we do it via email. I'm obviously overanalyzing this, but I think I dropped the ball (not that it was going to go anywhere anyways) big time and sounded like a dick while also implying that I thought she was asking for my number for other reasons.

I've got some psychotic conception of social interaction.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 1:36 pm

You did well. Don't be afraid but don't overdo that.

katiemonster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2008, 2:20 pm

its FINE. but don't bring it up again. and next time you see her, try to be sweet. it will be ok, promise

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2008, 7:21 pm

alright, this is all good to hear. i thought i was being a major creep, dick, weirdo, or a combination of the three.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2008, 7:33 pm

I wouldnt worry about it. People can misunderstand me alot and i dont care. Its not about me, its about how they think. If i like some one and want them to understand where i am coming from. i just tell them. If some one taken me the wrong way or uncertain. It's up to them to speak up. It is not my resonsability to read thier mind.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2008, 8:29 pm

yeah, blah

whatever

I either misunderstood the whole thing in a way I could never conceive of doing previously, or I just made some girl kind of pissed off with me and threw her off guard. She hasn't responded to the email I sent earlier this morning, so I take it it's one of the two. I don't even know if she's actually singe, even.